Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAAARGH! Lost my 02 number I had for 25 years and now 2nd 02 line not connected

richardbaker
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Don't switch another phone to O2 if you already have a phone with O2.  I did that on-line and I lost the mobile number I had for 25 years.  To make matters worse the phone I ported to O2 no longer works either as it has the old netowkr sim card and O2 have provided a new one.

So disappointed with O2 as I called them first thing Monday morning for them to STOP the Porting and all they did was send an email to an internal Port Migration team, who clearly did not pick up.  

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 7766 Posts
  • 155 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@richardbaker 

There isn't a lot that we can say except to commiserate with you.  

Message 2 of 12

Mlpk787
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Did you get fixed at all @richardbaker ? Worried I am about to have the same issue...

Message 3 of 12

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7170 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1592 Solutions

@Mlpk787 

Nothing happens Saturday and Sunday regarding porting.

Did you follow the procedure here?

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

O2 can be dilatory but you need to keep on at them. Use social media to keep a record of conversations.

Message O2 on
(Facebook) (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB)
X (Twitter) (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or
Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) ,,
They should be able to help you.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 12

Mlpk787
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Enlli yes followed PM to PAYG process on Wednesday, was told 24hrs. Nothing happened, phoned again on Thursday and was told another 24 hours, phoned again on Friday and they said the SIM needed to be activated and filled the form in again, told me another 24hrs, phoned again today they said to wait while they checked and then told me they had filled out the form a third time and it would be another 24hrs. In between all this I am being hung up on, put back to the start of the queue, and being transferred round in circles to teams who say it's nothing to do with them and pass me on until I get back to the same team I started in. When I ask to make a complaint or speak to a manager I am fobbed off, transferred to someone else, or hung up on. Disgraceful customer service - would have been easier to switch to a different network and use a PAC instead.

Message 5 of 12

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7170 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1592 Solutions

"Wait 24 hours" seems to be the  stock get you off the line tactic!

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147263 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions

There is some merit to the wait 24 hours mantra as O2 run system maintenance overnight which is when any account changes are applied, however, this obviously relies on appropriate changes being made to the account.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 7 of 12

Mlpk787
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Enlli @MI5 good to know, thank you. Most recent phone call finally resulted in being put through to a supervisor (still refused to let me make a formal complaint though!) who said that there have been technical issues porting numbers for the last 15-20 days (!) and that they have filled in the form yet again so the process should now be complete by the end of Monday. Whether or not this is all a load of nonsense to get me off the call I have no idea...

Message 8 of 12

jonsie
  • 93353 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6986 Solutions
Message 9 of 12

MI5
  • 147263 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions

@Mlpk787 

You don't need permission to make a complaint.

Use Resolver:

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 10 of 12