cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A ‘would’ve been’ new customer…be afraid….

Anonymous
Not applicable

1/ joined o2  via virgin tv deal

2/ sim arrived, didn’t work.

3/ called for assistance: cut off 4 times and finally gave up after 3 hrs.🤷‍♂️

4/ decided to cancel as on day 3 of a 14 day cooling off period so called again.🤞

5/ advised unable to cancel as there was “a problem with your order” and that it would take “up to 48hrs to complete and you will receive an email confirmation”.🧐

6/ no email (day 5) so repeated step 4🥱

7/ after being told by a not so lovely Liverpudlian lady that “you can’t cancel and I have to wait 30 days” (🤪) before cutting me off😫, I finally get through to someone helpful and I am told your contract is now cancelled and received an email direct from the operator confirming this (weird 🧐)

8/ received two emails from o2 on Sunday (day 😎 advising my new sim was on its way and to “get excited”🧐

9/ called Monday morning (day 9) to get an apology from a nice lad who couldn’t explain what was going on but he repeated the cancellation and sent me an official email from o2 this time stating such. He also stated “you may pay a few pence for the length of time you’ve had o2” which I didn’t argue about as I was a little frustrated at this point🤪

10/ today (day 10) I receive an email from o2 stating my first bill is ready and they would be taking £432 from my account.🤦‍♂️

11/ I promptly cancel the direct debit with my bank and call again…🙄

12/ a lovely Liverpudlian apologised and also couldn’t explain what was going on. She cancelled the direct debit from her end and apologised while advising I would receive another email “in 3-5 days” confirming the end of this nightmare. 
13/ I won’t hold my breath🥵

O2 are hands down the worst company I’ve ever had the displeasure of dealing with. From downright rude and/ or ignorant staff (barring two lovely people!) to system failures from start to finish.

Do not sign with o2: you have been warned!!😉

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38107 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1728 Solutions

Cancelling the direct debit yourself with your bank may have been, in hindsight, a mis-step, @Anonymous .

Chances are there is a credit for 431.12 in the bill, now you will have a heck of a job trying to pay that 88p balance - and the debt collection agency will be automatically called in after the second missed month (£6 per missed payment).

But you know all the numbers, so I am sure you will get it sorted in due course.

Message 2 of 12

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7719 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1640 Solutions

So what's happening to your Virgin deal as the price to them is relient on you having an O2 SIM? 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I assumed I’d have to cancel that as well. However, it turns out virgin were fine and they confirmed/ explained that the contracts and payments, while ordered at the same time, were separate. My deal with virgin remains the same with no price increase or change to the original deal.👍

Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

You are incorrect. O2 cancelled the direct debit at their end as well as it should not have been issued in the first place. Balance confirmed as £0 zero. Sorry to spoil your spiteful, fearmongering reply. Have a great evening! 😉

Message 5 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93832 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7015 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry to spoil your spiteful, fearmongering reply. Have a great evening! 😉

Very harsh to someone trying to help

Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

If attempting to scare or worry people by saying “ the bailiffs will be round” is helping when they clearly do not know what the are talking about,  then we have different ideas of what help constitutes. Thanks for your contribution though, very insightful 👍

Message 7 of 12

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38107 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1728 Solutions

I think I need a holiday 🤣

Good luck, @Anonymous 👍🏼

Message 8 of 12

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7719 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1640 Solutions

"

/ I promptly cancel the direct debit with my bank and call again…🙄

12/ a lovely Liverpudlian apologised and also couldn’t explain what was going on. She cancelled the direct debit from her end"

So, for clarity, you cancelled first, and the rules to Direct Debits say it is only the customer that can cancel. Companies can stop taking payments; that is all.

From the Banks info on Direct Debits

You can cancel your direct debit at any time. You can do this through your bank or directly with the company you are being charged by. If you’re wondering who can cancel a direct debit, it must be the account holder. This is to prevent fraud and protect your identity.

So your agent couldn't cancel if she wanted to as you already cancelled.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

You are correct. The agent did indeed cancel the payment request as opposed to cancelling the direct debit. 

I apologise for my lack of clarity and failure to use correct terminology. 

🙄

Message 10 of 12