cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

750MB data trial...so far

Anonymous
Not applicable
After hefty discussions on here about the new data caps, stating that "500MB is enough for most people BLAH BLAH BLAH", I thought I would trim right back on my iPhone 3G data usage for 1 calendar billing cycle, not use excess, and see how I go.

Normally, I use 2.5 - 3.5GB a month. This is used up of the following:

Several streaming football matches on Sky Sports and darts
Streaming a few hours of jazz music on Internet Radio Box
Couple of videos from You Tube.
Email (I have several email accounts and my work email on PUSH)
A bit of inernet browsing (although I tend not to do much of this)
Visit Facebook every few hours.

Anyways, I thought the above for an iPhone, being "The True Multimedia Experience", was what the iPhone is designed for.

Anyway, in light of the new plans for new and upgrading customers, and that I am on the original iPhone45 (So I get inclusive MMS out of my 500 bundle and international SMS included 4 for 1 also), I thought I would see how 750MB would do me for a billing cycle.

My billing date is the 12th, so I have been on this cycle now for 5 full days, and I have done the following:

Updated facebook three times a day
Listened to 10 mins of Jazz ONCE
Watched 15 mins of a World Cup game (as I was late getting home) ONCE
Picked up my mail as normal (nothing unusual)
NOTHING ELSE

So far, my counter states I have used 114MB sent and recieved.

This is for 5 days.

Multiply by 6 (for 30 days use) and this extrapolates into 684MB.

And I've hardly bloody used the thing!!!!!

I pity upgraders and new customers on O2. Vodafone at least have a 1GB limit, that I could tolerate (just - by avoiding TV), and Orange have unlimited with a FUP (which means no roll-on charges).

Rest assured, when I get my iPhone 4, it will be sim-free, and I will not be changing my current plan as I don't feel O2 are treating iPhone users seriously.

Anyways, I ain't enduring that #### for another 25 days. Sod that. I'm back to my regular use. It's like buying a car and being told you can only fill it up once a month.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
ill get it sim free and get money off my line rental and keep my data
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your streaming of video over the network is the issue with your data use. I bet if you cut out that and kicked the #### out of using facebook, email, internet surfing you wouldn't go over any limits slight_smile
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's like buying a car and being told you can only fill it up once a month.

No it's not.
You can use as much data as you want on the new packages, but if you're on a 500mb tarriff, you will be charged £5 more for every 500mb extra.
There isn't a limit on the data amount you can use, just a limit on how much you are allocated inclusive on the monthly price you pay
Message 4 of 4