Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5g Speeds Leeds

Akira1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, my note10 5g is showing 4 bars of 5g in Leeds city center but the speeds, when tested on speedtest.net are exactly the same as my LTE speed (never gone over 60meg). I've noticed that the site also says LTE when I do the speed test on 5g. Is 5g fully switched on in Leeds or is my phone showing the 5g symbol when it's not connected to 5g? Anyone else done any speed tests in Leeds?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
@Akira1 It may be that the network isn't up to speed yet, as it were, or that it's not available in all areas of the city as yet.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If it’s showing 5g that’s what it’s connected too. In all honesty you’re probably seeing typical o2 speeds.
If you want 300mbps you need to be on EE.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Akira1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 is the only option for 5g in Leeds at the moment. It only got switched on 16th Oct, so I'm hoping it will improve with time, they can't be offering the same speed as LTE surely?

Message 4 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It all depends on what the bandwidth and backhaul deliver.
Remember 5g is not on the same system as 3G and 4G so performance will vary.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

Akira1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hmm maybe I need to do some further testing, I've only tested in my apartment so far, but I do have 4 bars. The ping and everything is the same as LTE on speedtest.net, which is a bit weird if it's supposed to be a totally separate system?

Message 6 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
Indoors on 5G at the moment on all networks is poor, tested Vodafone 5G in Manchester outdoors /on train 233Mbps and in the airport around 70Mbps.

I would expect o2 to be the same.... but at least you can use 5G on o2
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 7 of 7