cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G Issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
I asked this question in the iPhone forum, but it is definitely not an iPhone problem. In the Broad Green area of Liverpool (L14) I have had no 3G network since last Tuesday now, in other areas it's fine but since this is where I live it's a bit of a pain!

I have been into O2 store and they said it might be a network fault or they're doing maintenance they don't get told. Now I am impressed by O2 and am renewing my iPhone contract but surely why I am paying so much money for a service I don't even have!?

If it's maintenance surely it would have been polite to say what will be happening, rather than leave me in the dark. I've no idea if I'll get 3G back in this area or how it will take for it to be restored.

Any help/ideas?
Thanks.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can phone o2 up and from the menu I believe there is an option to report network problems.
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
" If it's maintenance surely it would have been polite to say what will be happening"

I agree and I personally would like the networks to send out text messages to users to advise them, however the issue with this is, you may live in the area and thats fine, on the other hand you may live in the area but not in the area on the day.

or in deed you could be visiting the area, as Im not sure how that would be policed. I think one way bigh be on the o2 web site, however the problem is if your phones not working you not be able to access it to fine out. So its not clear cut at all
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having the same problem as I live in Leigh lancs and 3g hasn't worked since last Tuesday so I contacted o2 to ask why I wasn't getting 3g and the o2 person told me to reset my network settings and that didn't work then I was told to reset all settings and that didn't work either then I did a a full reset wiped everything off the phone and hooked it up to my pc recreated my iTunes account ect and still I'm getting no 3g so it must be a network issue and I'm wondering if it is happening elsewere in the uk or is it just here in the northwest
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Contacted Customer Services as well, went through all the reset network settings etc procedure finally after an hour I get "It might be a network problem we'll speak with our engineers and get back to you". Seven Days Later no reply. Must be a local North West area problem as I get a perfect 3G connection just down the road less than half a mile away and then have had 3G today while travelling around on the train all around Liverpool, until I got back home tonight. I turn into my road and straight away off goes 3G.
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I hope o2 sort it out because it is getting beyond a joke now every time I phone o2 they tell me to reset settings and tell me the 3g coverage is fine when it obviousley isn't and not once have o2 told me it's the network that is at fault
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry for bumping this thread but I hope some could provide advice.

As of today it is 2 weeks since I last had a 3G connection, O2 finally called last Thursday, but they still don't know what the problem and are still talking with maintenance.

Some have suggested it is O2's coverage, however why would I have a perfectly fine 3G connection until around Tuesday Evening on 26th May and now not have one since?Again this is only in my area, when I get out of the road I have perfectly fine 3G connection.

Any advice on how to proceed from here?
Thanks in advance.
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry for bumping this thread but I hope some could provide advice.
As of today it is 2 weeks since I last had a 3G connection, O2 finally called last Thursday, but they still don't know what the problem and are still talking with maintenance.
Some have suggested it is O2's coverage, however why would I have a perfectly fine 3G connection until around Tuesday Evening on 26th May and now not have one since?Again this is only in my area, when I get out of the road I have perfectly fine 3G connection.
Any advice on how to proceed from here?
Thanks in advance.

What you can do is to note down those days where there is no 3G signal in your area. Try putting your O2 sim into a different 3G phone and see whether you have any 3G signals.Call O2 CS and tell them that their data coverage map on their website is inaccurate and you need clarification. The thing is that your O2 sim card might be faulty and needs changing or maybe you need to restore your Iphone or maybe there is a blind spot near your area.
As for me, I get no 3G signals around my area but according to O2's coverage, I have 3G signal! I find it as a disaster for O2 as I can only get a bar of signal, not even EDGE and O2 is saying that I have full 3G coverage... As I have mentioned before, I did try to invite O2 CS to come over to my house to witness how terrible their signal is. Some times I even had to use other mobile provider's sim card to call O2 customer service. That is how terrible O2's signals around my area and O2 is not doing anything with it. This is because, according to their coverage map, I should have 3G signal but I don't! How am I going to prove it to them except for inviting them to come over to my house and have a look? Those O2 CSs were godsmacked and politely refused my invitation. I am showing them how serious is the matter but they refused to listen and I could not bring an action against them because it is such a waste of time and money.Yes, we should get 3G coverage but we don't. We have notified O2 but they are saying that we should and there is no reports of lost 3G signal except for us. Well, how are we going to proceed then?
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thought I'd update people about this situation as it may help others in the future.

Member of O2 Maintenance came to my house to see if there are any reasons why I am not getting 3G for the past month. He said, it could be the phone. However, the most likely factor could be the following: I live right next to a railway line and embankment, in the last month or two the trees have shot up meaning the 3G Signal is getting blocked. They are however going to keep researching. So an interesting development.

Good to O2 to check out and get back to us. slight_smile
Message 9 of 9