cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Cost of MMS on iPhone 3.0?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Now that we can use MMS on 3.0 software for iPhone. How much does it cost to send an MMS? On that note, does it cost to receive an MMS message?

I'm on the £35/month tariff, and couldn't see it in the tariff details, presumably because MMS wasn't available at the time the tariff was drawn up? Anyone shed any light on this before I run up my bill?

Cheers,

Arni
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am sure its 1 MMS equals 4 SMS from your allowance.
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
or 25p or 4 messages if you have a messaging bolt on, if your on PAYG
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Now that we can use MMS on 3.0 software for iPhone. How much does it cost to send an MMS? On that note, does it cost to receive an MMS message?

For info the price is listed here: http://shop.o2.co.uk/update/mms.html

And no, it doesn't cost to receive an MMS in the UK.

SV
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
by the way, the MMS it's not working....i've tried sending pics but not working Smiley Mad
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
by the way, the MMS it's not working....i've tried sending pics but not working Smiley Mad

Needs to be activated. I'm a developer and it has been working since the Gold Master firmware release last week. What I did was:

1) go to : Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular data network
2) scroll to bottom of the page and press "reset settings" - this changes all of the details (and I mean *all*) in the boxes above.
3) go to messages, send an MMS - it will fail.
4) Wait. O2 send you a text telling you that MMS needs to be set up.
5) Wait. You'll then get a confirmation MMS from O2 (or an error message at which time you should phone customer support.)

Your mileage may vary, but that is what I did to get it to work on my developer handset.
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Perfect....all working now. Many thx memson, much appreciated.
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you! My MMS works perfectly without me having to even do anything. 1010 did all the work for me.
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Perfect....all working now. Many thx memson, much appreciated.

It's worth noting: I got a few additional "We're activating your MMS" messages a few days later, one "succeeded" one "failed". MMS continued to work throughout, so O2 obviously had a few teething problems with MMS activation responses. Unless MMS stops working immediately after getting a fail message, in my experience it is safe to ignore the "fail" ones that might come after. Obviously, your mileage might vary.
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
the thing is i didn't have any of the "message failed" messages or from O2 at all...after resetting what you've said....it just worked :).
Message 10 of 12