cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

24 Month Contract, I want to cancel!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I want to cancel my contract, or is there a way I can change the phone i have? the phone is so useless and always breaks. it's been sent of twice already to be fixed! I have a palm pre. the touch screen always messes up and doesn't work properly and it always goes wrong 😞 arghh. I want a blackberry or something. I used to have a blackberry and now i regret not getting another one!!!!!
I'm fed up of this phone always breaking and running out of charge really quick.

So what should i do?
is it possible for me to get a new phone?
or will i have to cancel my contract?
and if i do, how much will it cost me? because i know there will be a charge when i cancel it.

If i do end up canceling it, I will probably end up starting another contract, just not a 24 month one! Because i have over a year until this contract ends that i'm on already 😕 driving me nuts.
help?1 :mansurprised:
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cost of cancelling your contract = months remaining x monthly tariff.

Almost def be cheaper to buy a blackberry sim free (or maybe on o2 payg and change the settings) but check you can transfer your tariff to a blackberry one first to get most out of handset.

Talk to customer services, they'll give you more info.
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you return your phone so many times to returns and repairs you can request a different handset.
I'm sure if you phone up and they refuse to offer this, if you speak with their manager they might.
Message 3 of 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Whatever you do just bear in mind that you cannot cancel your contract without the agreement of O2.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
You would need to show that O2 are not fulfilling their side of your contract, for example, unable to connect to their network due to cell site problems etc. As advised, keep sending the phone back and then speak to a manager.

or:
Read the document here.

and write with your complaint here ::

O2 Complaint Review Service
complaintreviewservice@o2.com 

Tell them: 
• Your name and address 
• Your mobile and account numbers 
• A daytime phone number 
• A suggestion of how they can put things right 
• Your date of birth.

Keep it precise and simple with just the facts.
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dont think I'll bother replying to em any more. The number of times me and others reply and there's no indication they read it and they forever live on as only posted once. Sorry, I'm grumpy.
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dont think I'll bother replying to em any more. The number of times me and others reply and there's no indication they read it and they forever live on as only posted once. Sorry, I'm grumpy.

Well I'm grumpy too. I agree with you. Especially when you have replied in full and asked questions so that you can give exact advice.
Message 7 of 7