cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11 days and counting - for unlock

Anonymous
Not applicable

So after 11 days, and many hours of repeating the same conversation with numerous "GURUS" O2 have managed to let me down, ignore me, make countless empty promises and totally fail to unblock my device. A customer with them foe years, they seem to be actually obstructing me! Hoping I will finish my holiday before I get my phone unlocked perhaps?

And this morning I just recieved a new unlatching code from the special department case escalation emergency crack team of super gurus!!! And guess what? It doesn't work!!!

Message 10 of 98
97 REPLIES 97

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

No you don't - it's ANY non O2 sim card.

OK, are you sure about this. Am I getting told stories on top of everything else?

If it is hard locked, is there anything I can do?

Message 71 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

I have a feeling this phone is now permanently locked to O2.

If it is hard locked, or becomes hard locked during this pantomime, is there anything I can do?

Message 72 of 98

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145120 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27853 Solutions
That's the reason why I suggested you take it to o2 to unlock it.
Once hard locked that's it, forever and if o2 screw it up, they will have to replace the phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 73 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good shout MI5

Message 74 of 98

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous it's been a few days how are things progressing with your issue? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 75 of 98

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous it's been a few days how are things progressing with your issue? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 76 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Martin, handset is in the shop right now. Apparently it is a problem with around 1 in 40 Samsung handsets on 02, (so I'm told) it's not hard locked, but it has a software problem that renders it useless on any other network! So I will find out on Thursday if mine has this problem. The way he was saying it was priming me for disappointment, but I smell pork pie! Do 02 do this on purpose to make it difficult to leave?

Message 77 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Apparently it is a problem with around 1 in 40 Samsung handsets on 02, (so I'm told) it's not hard locked, but it has a software problem that renders it useless on any other network! 

IF..... this is true, shall 02 have to give me a new handset?

Message 78 of 98

Cleoriff
  • 123416 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

I have never heard of this 'being a problem with 1 in 40 Samsung handsets on O2'? Is there any chance this could be factually correct @MI5?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 79 of 98

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145120 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27853 Solutions
I've never heard such nonsense myself before either - If O2 can't unlock it for you, politely demand that they provide you with another phone which is unlocked - however, with O2's permission, Samsung could unlock it anyway as long as it isn't hard locked.
A new motherboard will sort it out either way.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 80 of 98