Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0800 952 4874 - Is this O2?

Mark_1980
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 128 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I've just had a call from the above number. The advisor claimed to be from O2, and claimed to have some 'exclusive offers and discounts' for me. Sounded like they were calling from the north of England judging by the accent.

Is this a genuine O2 number. @Toby - Do you know?

Thanks

I don't care what rank I am and neither should anyone else.
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Cold calls are a definite no no for me and I would never dream of doing any deals or giving/confirming any information they claim to have.

Message 11 of 18

Mark_1980
  • 128 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Well, they called me back yesterday. I had a chat with the advisor who asked me how I was finding o2 (seeming to ignore the fact I'd been with o2 for the past 7 years), and how I was finding my phone. She then went on to say how they had some "exclusive deals" for me to "reward my loyalty". Turns out they were just trying to flog me an iPad Air 2 with no upfront cost..... Just like they're currently pushing on the website.

So that's a big fail for O2..!
Message 12 of 18

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

At least check a customer's history before you tell them you have a special loyalty deal....Rolleys

Message 13 of 18

MI5
  • 145218 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27887 Solutions
They've been making those calls a lot just lately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 14 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 123537 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
They've been making those calls a lot just lately.

And remain firmly on my blocked list as I said earlier in the thread. Actually 'from O2' and know nothing about the person they are phoning? Righty-oh...thats even worse...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 18

Mark_1980
  • 128 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
@jonsie @MI5 @Cleoriff They kind of lost me as soon as they treated me like someone who had only been with O2 for five minutes, and completely lost me as soon as they said about the iPad deal because it wasn't an "exclusive deal" at all - just an attempt to drum up a few more £££ on another monthly contract!
Message 16 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 123537 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

@Mark_1980 wrote:
@jonsie @MI5 @Cleoriff They kind of lost me as soon as they treated me like someone who had only been with O2 for five minutes, and completely lost me as soon as they said about the iPad deal because it wasn't an "exclusive deal" at all - just an attempt to drum up a few more £££ on another monthly contract!

I read that @Mark_1980 As you said the 'exclusive offer' they made you was in fact, available online for all...Not very exclusive then? Good job you were on the ball....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 18

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Sales tactics, tell someone a deal is especially for them. Probably works on some but not really a practice I approve of.

Message 18 of 18