cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 Customer Service is LAUGHABLY bad

Anonymous
Not applicable

Remember the Christmas Bundle for the free charging plate and speakers? Still waiting for mine.

Gave it 30 days, no sign of it at all. So I contacted O2.

"Hurr" say the online chat. "Call this number." They then gave me the phone number for Microsoft tech. Yeah that will help. How about you give me Nintendo's phone number too? Great idea.

Anyway I went back to the customer chat more p****** off and told them I wasn't going to call any number and to just send me the damn offer. It had been SIXTY days at this point.

"Okay" they say, "we have dispatched another one."

I tell them that's great, knowing full well I'm never gonna see it.

It's been... what... 100 days now? Have I seen a single shred of evidence that this thing has even been sent at all? LOL. I contact them again and get re-directed to the same phone number. I tell them I'm not going to call the damn number because it's useless and the rep just snarkily replies that I obviously don't want help and closes the chat on me. Excellent support, 10/10.

So I contact them for the 50th time and get put on with a rep who asks me if I've rebooted my phone and taken the SIM card out. Yeah! That will solve the issue.

At this point I'm not bothered abou the stupid charging plate or speakers. It's the principle of the thing. All they have to do LITERALLY ALL THEY HAVE TO DO is send me it in the mail. They have my address. Why is this so hard for them. Why is this so hard for a million £ company. They can't even do this. They can't do the simplest of tasks. They are so incompotent it hurts and I'm thinking about changing provider because this is pathetic.

At least I'm enjoying the comedy value of dealing with complete morons.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

What mobile did u get?

Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nokia 735, it's a nice phone.

I still have the leaflet for the Christmas Bundle here actually. The offer expired in February.

Funny thing is when I first filled out the form online it told me it had been dispatched and had no problems at all.

Message 3 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149364 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Did you see this thread?
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Lumia-Christmas-Accessory-Bundle-where-is-it/m-p/8...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I'll try what JGlover did and see what happens. O2 have just been terrible. It's like I've been talking to a computer 50% of the time and 40% of the time someone who barely speaks English. Occasionally I'll get a competent rep but they all just give me the same advice, which is totally wrong: "Go to this link (Microsoft) and redeem the offer!" It does nothing at all, just takes me to Microsoft's store page. Totally useless.

Message 5 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 125959 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, I'll try what JGlover did and see what happens. O2 have just been terrible. It's like I've been talking to a computer 50% of the time and 40% of the time someone who barely speaks English. Occasionally I'll get a competent rep but they all just give me the same advice, which is totally wrong: "Go to this link (Microsoft) and redeem the offer!" It does nothing at all, just takes me to Microsoft's store page. Totally useless.

Although one or two did get it sorted by going to Nokia directly and bypassing O2...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've tried the link and it has been discontinued by microsoft, even if you access it from their own promotions page, so emailing or phoning  them is probably your best option.

This promotion was always a Manufacturer promotion, meaning it had to be claimed with Nokia directly.

O2 never had the bundles to send to customers.

Message 7 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 125959 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

And that is why O2 advised certain customers (though not all) to go to Nokia directly. From what I remember of the mayhem this caused, it was only those who went that route that ended up getting them...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 really do make hard work of these things.

If o2 are running an offer. Get the offer items in and send them with the phones. It is so simple it is laughable.

Yet instead o2 complicate things by paying to send a phone to the customer then there is further unnecessary interaction this time between the customer and Nokia, further cost etc.

When it goes wrong who gets attacked by the customer? ?? O2

How to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. It is pathetic. Head of Marketing needs to look nervously over their shoulders. ....
Message 9 of 11

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Ooof I'd be furious too.. Please let us know if u actually receive your freebies.

Charlie.
Message 10 of 11