Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAT invoices

DCM
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My invoice 5 Sept 23 is, for the first time ever, not a VAT Invoice. I need it and futyure ones to be VAT INvoices

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38294 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1730 Solutions

This is my first bill on new billing system - I had VAT Invoices enabled on the Legacy system, so it seems to have carried over, as far as I can see:

1000009540.png

And the first login to new 360 shows:

1000009331.png

Give them a call on 202 or a ping via Social Media (link below) @McNanj.

Message 11 of 18

McNanj
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I did contact the business people, who told me they couldn't do a VAT invoice. I don't beleive this, and think the person wasn't properly trained, but having spent 2 hours already I gave up.  I agree that businesses should get this without charge, but what can you do when the helpline tells you its not possible?  anyway, I'll try again when I have half a day free.

Message 12 of 18

McNanj
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

the issue isn't getting a VAT inclusive invoice, it's getting a VAT invoice (which HMRC need). VAT invoices are £1 each from O", and business helpline tells me they don't issue them either.  I think this is incorrect, but had spent 2 hours already.

Message 13 of 18

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7841 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1644 Solutions

@McNanj 

Whole thing is a disgrace. The problem is it is compounded by a customer services who are totally clueless and make things up as they go along.

@pgn Nice to see. Mine disappeared on the first bill after moving to 360

As I don't need VAT invoices now I'll not bother, although I have been tempted to apply just to see how stupid CS could get.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 14 of 18

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12605 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1153 Solutions

Can you see if you can help @McNanj please @Dave-O2 ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 15 of 18

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 792 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 28 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 

@McNanj Can you please drop me a PM with your mobile number?

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 16 of 18

barry1711
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I spent hours on the phone trying to get the VAT numbers for my bills. I was told when I next log in it will be visible. Unsurprisingly its not.

Has anyone achieved this yet?

Message 17 of 18

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38294 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1730 Solutions

After a similar fight some years back to get VAT Bills enabled on my MyO2 when it was on the old Legacy system, that setting seems to have carried over to the new 360-backed system, as far as I can see @barry1711 

pgn_0-1712238620846.png

And bill front-page:

pgn_0-1712239452152.png

Note you will not get a VAT invoice for your Device Plan, as this is a credit agreement (if on O2 Refresh).

I am told a VAT Statement for the Device Plan canbe requested after the Device Plan has run to completion and been fully paid-off.

So persist with O2, the Social Media team, ways to access them in the link below, are the best path for this - you can remind them every so often until you get someone on the team who responds to you via a DM or Private channel and can take your details securely in order to make the change your MyO2 needs for VAT Invoicing every month.

Note I have never found this to be retrospective - if you need older bills as VAT Invoices, then you will need to haggle with the agent - it never worked properly for me in the past, the pdf and paper copies still lacked the O2 VAT Registration Number needed for Finance/Tax people to accept them as valid.

Good luck!

Message 18 of 18