Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Anonymous
Accepted Solution

unlocking iPhone

i have been trying to unlock my phone now for over a week now and the systems are constantly down, does anyone know how to unlock my phone to use any networks or when the stystems will be working again?

Topics: 532
Solutions: 11,159

Re: unlocking iPhone

How to unlock here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
But we have no idea when o2 will fix their issues.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Topics: 547
Solutions: 3,412

It just seems this problem is only with iPhones but it's been affecting customers for too long now. 

Anonymous

have you called customer services or even tried calling Apple support to make sure their isnt any errors on their systems as you need to use iTunes to complete the unlocking procedure?

Since ios9 you don't need to connect to iTunes, simply insert another network sim once the unlock successful message has been received. 

Anonymous

sorry was just gfoing by what i had to do a couple of weeks ago when i unlocked my iPhone  7 

Highlighted

No problem at all, it wouldn't do any harm connecting to iTunes but it's just not necessary now.