Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

swapping phones with the same SIM and no connection

LeeDavid
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I am swapping up my phone I am moving to a unlocked iphone 6s. But after the swap i Can not get any signal on the new phone. O2 are showing as the providor, but no connection.

Any help will be apreciated

Thanks

Lee

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

O2Sarah
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 74 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Hi, 

Is the handset second hand? Has it ever been reported as lost/stolen, or had unpaid bills on the account?

do you have an adapter so you could try your sim back in your old phone?

Message 2 of 7

LeeDavid
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

the new phone is a reconditioned one that has beed unlocked as it is over 6 months old. it was describes as a 'as new' one when I got it from EE. I have put the SIM back in the old phone for the moment as I try and find a workable solution.

Thanks

Message 3 of 7

O2Sarah
  • 74 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Ok, so you've had it from nearly new. Have you followed EE's unlatching process? Worth checking with their customer services to see if there's anything that's stopped it from going through.

Message 4 of 7

LeeDavid
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I will check but followed all the instructions and had confirmation email of the unlocking so not sure what else there could be. Is there something on O2 side?

Message 5 of 7

LeeDavid
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am having a lot of problems getting in touch with anybody at O2. There seems to be a compleat lack ot tech staff, or telephone numbers to ring to talk to anybody!!

I have spoken to Apple (spent a good hour on the phone) they said to go back to my provider to see if there are any blocks on the device.

How do I go about checking this?

Can you give me a number to call?

Message 6 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144500 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions

@LeeDavid 

All numbers here http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

and special numbers during Covid here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7