cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

outgoing server

Anonymous
Not applicable

I purchased iphone 5 a few years ago and it worked ok but I was never able to send emails. i was able to receive them.

An error message came up.

I have just upgraded to an iphone 6 and I am having exactly the same problem.

Please help I went into O2 and a guru looked into it but was unable to help.

I have tried a few different outgoing servers and none work.

I was using the same outgoing server which is used on my pc at work. I use bt at work and so changed the outgoing server to mail.o2.co.uk but this does not work. I am with O2 on my iphone.

Other settings are use SSL - yes

server port 587

authenication 587

Please help.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147145 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28295 Solutions
Outgoing Mail Server: mail.btinternet.com
Port: 465 (this may not be automatically populated on selection of SSL, so you'll need to check this)
SSL Encryption: Enabled (but not STARTTLS)
Authentication: PLAIN
Username: your email address including the @btinternet or @btopenworld.com part
Password: your btinternet password
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
  • 93339 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 124315 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

I notice an O2 guru couldn't help? maybe if it can't be sorted here then they need to make an appointment at an Apple Genius bar...

https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

When you say you are using PC at work, are you using a companies email account? You may need to speak to your IT department to get them to set it up?

I have had no issues using the Mail App for Gmail,Hotmail,Yahoo,TalkTalk and icloud/me.

Have you tried looking to see if your mail provider has an App and maybe try that?

Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93339 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Unless the OP has an active O2 email account the o/g server has been switched off as far as I know. That's why I'm asking for the email client.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 147145 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28295 Solutions
Outgoing Mail Server: mail.btinternet.com
Port: 465 (this may not be automatically populated on selection of SSL, so you'll need to check this)
SSL Encryption: Enabled (but not STARTTLS)
Authentication: PLAIN
Username: your email address including the @btinternet or @btopenworld.com part
Password: your btinternet password
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 6