cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data limit hit on BOTH phones at once...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Both my boyfriend's phone and my own phone are linked under one account. But are separate contracts and separate tariffs. We have never had problems with hitting data limits before but today (half way through our month) both of our phones received the sms to say that our data limits had been hit. Is it possible that an error may have occurred and that we may be somehow sharing a data limit? It's far to much of a coincidence that we hit our own limits at the exact same time surely?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124279 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

It is [possible that you may have been put on a shared data tariff. This has happened recently with many customers....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does this show also in your myo2 app or http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 about what's left in your allowance.

Their has been posts in the week about people having issues with data allowances resetting and also with shared data accounts.

Check in your phones settings for a data counter to see what's used what - if your phone has a data counter.

If your sure something is not adding up then call customer services tomorrow. o2 Customer Services Link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 124279 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Just to add to my first post. This shared data tariff is not something you may have asked for. O2 gave customers an option to go on this particular tariff and as I understand it the website glitched and put customers on without their knowledge. You could check this for yourself by looking at both accounts via My O2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93306 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

This has to be the problem with you both getting the text att the same time.

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Both my boyfriend's phone and my own phone are linked under one account. But are separate contracts and separate tariffs. We have never had problems with hitting data limits before but today (half way through our month) both of our phones received the sms to say that our data limits had been hit. Is it possible that an error may have occurred and that we may be somehow sharing a data limit? It's far to much of a coincidence that we hit our own limits at the exact same time surely?

Could you do the following on both your iPhones.

1: Go into Settings/Cellular

IMG_0130.PNG

2: Once in there, see if there are any apps present on both, that have a large data figure underneath them. Like in my below screen shot.

IMG_0128.png

Message 6 of 6