cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no service

Anonymous
Not applicable

for the last 2 hours i have had no service at the top of my screen, therefore cannot use - anyone help?

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

A colleague new to iPhones had no service yesterday, I switched the phone to airplane mode and back, no change, but a re-boot got the service back.  We knew it wasn't a signal problem as no service had shown since they left home, over an hour's travel away from work.

Not sure if this will be of any help in this instance but worth a try in case it is the phone and not the signal.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Check for service issues at http://status.o2.co.uk/. Remove and reinsert your sim and restart phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are your family and friends in the same area having issues with their 02 coverage ?
Message 3 of 12

MarkTadley
  • 125 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I've had the same type of thing for the last month and I either get 1-2 bars or no service on a 3g connection and if I turn that off, I get 1, 2 or maybe if lucky 3 bars. Signal coverage tells me i should get 5 bars on 2G and 2/3 bars on 3G - yeah right

Spoke to O2 today again and they say that they cant do anything about it and as i gone past 14 days.... tough luck basically. Smiley Mad

On Virgin i used to get 5 bars adn perfect signal in same house

Booking into Apple and hope its a problem with iPhone 5 wink

Tu Go = v2.5.0.431 permanently Turned OFF
128gb iPhone 6+ Slate Grey on O2 Network
No signal or 1bar 2G reception in rural location with O2
Message 4 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

From my own experience I found the iphone to have poorer reception in most areas, especially home, than any of my previous phones and my present phone. Hopefully Apple will replace it for you.

Message 5 of 12

MarkTadley
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 125 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

That's exactly what I am getting now and I have a BlackBerry at present and 1 month left on that contract (Virgin)

Crosses fingers Apple do when I do go into the store slight_smile

Tu Go = v2.5.0.431 permanently Turned OFF
128gb iPhone 6+ Slate Grey on O2 Network
No signal or 1bar 2G reception in rural location with O2
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
They will swap it for a mint refurd if the phone shows up a fault in their diagnostic.

Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

A colleague new to iPhones had no service yesterday, I switched the phone to airplane mode and back, no change, but a re-boot got the service back.  We knew it wasn't a signal problem as no service had shown since they left home, over an hour's travel away from work.

Not sure if this will be of any help in this instance but worth a try in case it is the phone and not the signal.

Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all suggestions. Finally managed to get service back by re-booting phone (Home button and turn off button simulaneously until apple appears). However, it did take two attempts. Other O2 users in the home had a service whilst I didn't, but text messages were taking over two hours to receive. So, not sure if this was a phone fault, or an O2 fault.

Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I turn my iPhone 5 off and then back on at least once a week. Following this regime I believe has helped my phone reset {rest}
Message 10 of 12