Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 6 or 6+ and offers help

Charlieboyoo
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

Hi everyone I need some help and advice with 2 things. I'm looking to buy and iPhone 6 or iPhone 6+ after a year from ditching Apple to android.si ce the iPhone screens have become larger I wanna get one again.just not sure which one.Lol.any ideas.I'm going to an Apple store to hopefully get one next week.I'm most likely buying it with a credit card and doing a balance transfer cause its cheaper.doing the maths refresh work out dearer.If anyone knows good deals please say.Lol.been with o2 for years but loyalty is not really catered for anymore.I was looking at SIM only deals and I honestly don't really c anything. I'm paying £15 pm with unlimited mins,txts and 2 gb of data.but it's a big jump what I'm paying to get the next tariff I think it's 4 or 5gb.I would like more data cause 4g eats it but not sure Wat to do.any help is appreciated. thanks

Message 1 of 22
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the iPhone 6 Plus, but I pre ordered both the 6 and 6 Plus through Apple's website and decided to keep the 6 Plus. I made a mini review of my experience on both of the iPhones which you might find helpful.

I’m on a sim only tariff. I needed to move tariffs recently as my usage changed whereby I needed more data. I get unlimited texts, unlimited calls and 5GB of data for £19 per month. This tariff is usually £24 per month, but I got £5 off of the price every month as I threatened to leave as I could get a comparable deal elsewhere. Might be worth calling 202 and say you are thinking of leaving as you can get a better deal from elsewhere (a hint I was given on here is, when calling 202 after pressing the appropriate number to indicate you are calling from the number you are wanting help on (or words to that effect), keep pressing 0 until you basically hear that you are getting transferred to an advisor). This seems to put you through to the Northern (Leeds?) call centre. They always seem very efficient and helpful on the occasions I’ve rang. Sometimes you can push a deal out of retentions slight_smile

My data use comprises mostly of watching quite a bit of You Tube videos, along with a bit of emailing (both sending and receiving) and a small amount of surfing. I tend to use my 6 Plus more for watching You Tube videos now, as I find the larger screen makes this kind of thing a better experience than it previously was on the smaller screen iPhones I owned previously. Last month I used approximately 3GB of data, but I'm happy to have a bit of data allowance left in reserve in case I need it.

Here’s a link to my mini review that I mentioned earlier.

iPhone 6 Plus, my thoughts, mini review

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
I've got 8gb but do well if I use 5gb, trouble is everyone is different.
I'm getting a Note 4 as Samsung have been doing bigger screens longer and are better at it, but ultimately it's your choice slight_smile
Have a play with some demo ones and see what you like best.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

If your getting one from your Apple Store you can reserve one via https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/iphone/

Have a play with the 6 and 6+ to see which you like and enjoy the experience.

I chose the 16gb as I use DropBox and iDrive.

I also buy mine sim free from Apple.

I'm on the big bundle £20 with 2GB of Data. I consider myself a heavy user and get by on that. It's really down to personal usage.

Perhaps let us know how you get on.
Message 3 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the iPhone 6 Plus, but I pre ordered both the 6 and 6 Plus through Apple's website and decided to keep the 6 Plus. I made a mini review of my experience on both of the iPhones which you might find helpful.

I’m on a sim only tariff. I needed to move tariffs recently as my usage changed whereby I needed more data. I get unlimited texts, unlimited calls and 5GB of data for £19 per month. This tariff is usually £24 per month, but I got £5 off of the price every month as I threatened to leave as I could get a comparable deal elsewhere. Might be worth calling 202 and say you are thinking of leaving as you can get a better deal from elsewhere (a hint I was given on here is, when calling 202 after pressing the appropriate number to indicate you are calling from the number you are wanting help on (or words to that effect), keep pressing 0 until you basically hear that you are getting transferred to an advisor). This seems to put you through to the Northern (Leeds?) call centre. They always seem very efficient and helpful on the occasions I’ve rang. Sometimes you can push a deal out of retentions slight_smile

My data use comprises mostly of watching quite a bit of You Tube videos, along with a bit of emailing (both sending and receiving) and a small amount of surfing. I tend to use my 6 Plus more for watching You Tube videos now, as I find the larger screen makes this kind of thing a better experience than it previously was on the smaller screen iPhones I owned previously. Last month I used approximately 3GB of data, but I'm happy to have a bit of data allowance left in reserve in case I need it.

Here’s a link to my mini review that I mentioned earlier.

iPhone 6 Plus, my thoughts, mini review

Message 4 of 22

Charlieboyoo
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

Thanks for the link.I was wondering if I could reserve one.I used to survive on 1gb but wen I went to 2gb it was fine till recently I noticed I was going through 500gb a week.not sure how.I will update yas wen I get down. can't wait to get an iPhone again slight_smile

Message 5 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
No worries.

The link is how I got hold of my 6+

If I go over I add a bolt on.

Just my choice as I don't want to be in a contract wether it's the refresh or 30 day or 12 month sim only.

Here is my help thread for battery and data saving tips http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-topic/iOS-8-Battery-Saving-Tips/m-p/759681/highlight/true#M33337

Also check in your settings to see what's using what in data. Just remember to reset the stats on your anniversary date.

Settings , mobile - the apps say what's using how much data.
Message 6 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Charlieboyoo wrote:

Thanks for the link.I was wondering if I could reserve one.I used to survive on 1gb but wen I went to 2gb it was fine till recently I noticed I was going through 500gb a week.not sure how.I will update yas wen I get down. can't wait to get an iPhone again slight_smile

You can reserve an iPhone by going to this link Charlie.

https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/iphone/

Message 7 of 22

Charlieboyoo
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

Thanks for all the help.really appreciated slight_smile

Message 8 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Charlieboyoo wrote:

You can reserve an iPhone by going to this link Charlie.

https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/iphone/

As added in message 3 fatboy  ☺️

Message 9 of 22

Charlieboyoo
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions
Thanks for the info.that's great to know.I actually get 10% off Vodafone through work but they are a rubbish network but I can use it to my advantage.
Message 10 of 22