cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 5 Data Problem E and 3G

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am a newbie to the iPhone 5, having took a contract out last week i have been pulling my hair out and before i return the phone back and potential end my agreement under the 14 day cooling off period i thought i would ask or share my problem here.

Now i can make calls etc no problem, ica n use wifi no problem, but i sturggle to use any data services at all and today has been the icing on the cake for me.

The phone displays 3G and for most of the time it seems slow but ok, but when the phone displays E which is does where i live, i get no data at all the data dial (spining dots) come on and goes around and around but nothing, normally with an error (Cannot connect to store etc)

So is this normal? 

Is it my local cell site?

Is it the phone that defective?

SIM Faulty? (Unlikely)

Any ideas? Going grey....and tried of trying to fix something that is supposed to "just work!"

I have checked all settings, reset , rebooted the phone etc and the same fault appears...

Any help is very much apprciated, i bought 2 of these for my wife and myself.

Thanks

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having exactly the same problem except I'm getting no 3g symbol, tried chatting 2 sum1 on the chat 2 check the settings but they just kept saying they cudn't help me! Its getting really flustraighting
Message 11 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Live chat adjust read from a prepared script & have very little knowledge. Have you tried turning 3G on & off or airplane mode

Message 12 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93174 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm having exactly the same problem except I'm getting no 3g symbol, tried chatting 2 sum1 on the chat 2 check the settings but they just kept saying they cudn't help me! Its getting really flustraighting

What tariffdata bolt on do you have?

iPhone data bolt on set the APNs to idata.o2.co.uk

standard data bolt on set APNs to mobile.o2.co.uk or wap.o2.co.uk

Message 13 of 13