Did you mean: 

iphone 11 pro monthly plans

Fizzyfield
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey, 

Im a long term o2 pay monthly customer, I havent upgraded my current handset for sometime! I have just gone through the upgrade package through myo2 and cant help but notice how far out on price they are with all the other competitors for essentially the same package and on O2s network!! It seems crazy to me that the likes of carphone warehouse, mobile phones direct etc etc.. can offer a better package deal over 24months with o2network than o2 themselves? can anyone explain why this might be? as I'd quite like to stay with them.... but not at their prices?

thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10157 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3007 Solutions
@Fizzyfield

Carphone Warehouse and there affiliates are no longer permitted to offer o2 contracts to customers..

Mobilephonesdirect etc, offer lower prices as they make commission on every sale depending on tariff taken...

Also note if you take a contract with a 3rd Party, you wont get the refresh benefits etc.

You have the choice to go with whoever you want...
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122893 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Fizzyfield 

They can offer better prices because they dont have a network to maintain and O2 do.

Either way O2 get the customers through 3rd party sellers, so it's a win win for them.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

O2Sarah
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 74 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 8 Solutions
There are various discounts available depending on who you work for or if you’re a student. The discount scheme is called O2 Open and there information on o2open.co.uk to see if you’re eligible for one.

Otherwise if you have people at your address on o2 contract Family plan discounts might be an option https://www.o2.co.uk/family-plan

Just a couple of options that might be of interest 😊. Both options are discount on airtime but not device.
Message 4 of 8

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10767 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hello @Fizzyfield 

Do look around and consider carefully all options taking into account all the small contract details attached sometimes to other o2 contract providers.  

I always believe it's better to deal with the principal,  however it is a personal preference. 

Good luck and welcome to the o2 community forum...TallTrees 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 5 of 8

Fizzyfield
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I take all above points, it just seems that with o2 the monthly costs are considerably higher than other offerings from smaller firms and even rival contracts with EE etc. I would have thought being a huge network they would be able to compete cost wise in the market. I would have also thought they would want to retain long term customers by offering upgrades in line with other networks.

Again thanks for all the responses. I fear its the end of the line with my business with o2.

Ta 

Message 6 of 8

O2Sarah
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 74 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 8 Solutions
Good luck with your search.

If you felt as though you want to pop into store to discuss you’re options they’d be happy to go through all of the exclusive O2 benefits including the free O2 Extras, one being Disney+ which is amazing! 😁 Also customer services would be able to go through this with you. There’s lots of information to take in when purchasing a new phone isn’t there!

Enjoy your new phone. 📱
Message 7 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122893 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@FizzyfieldYou have to go with the network which suits you and your financial situation the best.

However, remember to try with a couple of free payg sims from other networks first.

It's pointless having a shiny new phone which is as much use as a brick, if the network coverage is poor.

Best of luck with your choice. thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 8