Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Anonymous

ipad or tablet?

Hi all, 

I am wanting a ipad or tablet for my daughter. My main requirements are that she can watch YouTube and play MineCraft and other games.

I hope you can help? Just looking for a recommendation! I believe you cannot watch YouTube on ipad?

Thank you.....hope this question is not inappropriate on this forum......

MM

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: ipad or tablet?

I have an iPad mini with retina. Yes you can watch YouTube on an iPad, you just download the app via iTunes.

It depends on your preference of OS whether you prefer Apples iOS or Android as you can play mine craft & YouTube on iPads & android tablets
Highlighted
Topics: 574
Solutions: 3,895

If you want restrictions on what you can do then get an ipad. Me? I have a Samsung Tab Pro 10.1 which does everything I want from a tablet here in Thailand at half the price of an over rated ipad. Why pay for a name?

Highlighted
Anonymous

@jonsie is right.

I have an iPad but not because of the name but because it does what I want it to do & I got a good deal on it at the time so shop around also
Highlighted
Topics: 554
Solutions: 13,946

£59 from Tesco - Asus MeMO Pad 7.
Perfect for your needs.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Anonymous

Ok so I think what everyone is saying here is I could buy either and that a probably cheaper tablet would do the job. Thank you everybody......MM
Highlighted
Anonymous

Your welcome, good luck & let us know what you choose
Highlighted
Topics: 574
Solutions: 3,895

She will want an iPad for the street cred but go with whatever works, a decent price and what suits you personally. Let us know what you decide on and any problems there are people on here always ready to help you.

Highlighted
Topics: 554
Solutions: 13,946

My experience with kids is that they will undoubtedly drop it and break it at some point, so either consider insurance or go cheap Smiley Wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous, interesting question! Let us know what do you finally choose and if you have any other questions Smiley Happy