cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ipad or tablet?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, 

I am wanting a ipad or tablet for my daughter. My main requirements are that she can watch YouTube and play MineCraft and other games.

I hope you can help? Just looking for a recommendation! I believe you cannot watch YouTube on ipad?

Thank you.....hope this question is not inappropriate on this forum......

MM

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have an iPad mini with retina. Yes you can watch YouTube on an iPad, you just download the app via iTunes.

It depends on your preference of OS whether you prefer Apples iOS or Android as you can play mine craft & YouTube on iPads & android tablets
Message 2 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If you want restrictions on what you can do then get an ipad. Me? I have a Samsung Tab Pro 10.1 which does everything I want from a tablet here in Thailand at half the price of an over rated ipad. Why pay for a name?

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
@jonsie is right.

I have an iPad but not because of the name but because it does what I want it to do & I got a good deal on it at the time so shop around also
Message 4 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
£59 from Tesco - Asus MeMO Pad 7.
Perfect for your needs.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok so I think what everyone is saying here is I could buy either and that a probably cheaper tablet would do the job. Thank you everybody......MM
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your welcome, good luck & let us know what you choose
Message 7 of 12

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

She will want an iPad for the street cred but go with whatever works, a decent price and what suits you personally. Let us know what you decide on and any problems there are people on here always ready to help you.

Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
My experience with kids is that they will undoubtedly drop it and break it at some point, so either consider insurance or go cheap wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous, interesting question! Let us know what do you finally choose and if you have any other questions slight_smile
Message 10 of 12