Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 7 Launch - Plans?

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Thought it would be fun to create a launch thread,for your iPhone 7 plans!!!

My iPhone 6, 2 year contract with O2, naturally comes to an end this September - just in time for the iPhone 7 launch.  Lets hope the 7 doesn't come with yet another 2 year contract?!!!!

So what are your plans - where will you be getting yours?!!

I'm not sure I'll be queuing up for the 7 this time around - far easier to order online!  I remember queuing up for the iPhone 4!! I posted my story on the old O2 forums (probably in some deep dark basement cellar by now!) but essentially, I queued up at the Apple Store in Bromley, where they were handing out cakes, coffees and all sort of stuff to people waiting!   Weirdly though, I'd struck up a friendship with some random poster on the forums, and we arranged to meet up and go together - good job he didn't turn out to be an axe murderer or something!!!!

Message 1 of 109
108 REPLIES 108

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

the 9.7 iPad Pro. 

Ooh, I've wanted to give one of those a go @Anonymous, nice choice. I've used Android and Apple and do find Apple navigation generally easier; The most important thing in a device for me. I will however pick a Sony tablet over the next iPad wink

It's good to have a choice as we all have different needs and opinions. 

What really maddens me is people forcing their opinions down your throat and telling you that yours is wrong. 

It's not something you see on here, but on some other forums, you are worse than the devil if you like Apple Shocked

Personally I choose Apple because it works best for me and it does everything I want. I have no complaints and as such have no cause to look elsewhere. I've had a try of Android though but I didn't like it.

Message 61 of 109

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree... choice is good. I have nothing against android, each to their own slight_smile

Message 62 of 109

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Personally I choose Apple because it works best for me and it does everything I want. I have no complaints and as such have no cause to look elsewhere. I've had a try of Android though but I didn't like it.

This is why my primary device is an iPhone 6 Fatboy. Does all I need. Sony keeps creeping in though!

Have either of you ever sampled Windows OS @Anonymous and @Anonymous?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 63 of 109

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This is why my primary device is an iPhone 6 Fatboy. Does all I need. Sony keeps creeping in though!

Have either of you ever sampled Windows OS @Anonymous and @Anonymous?

I've had no experience with Windows OS. A lad I know at the gym had one around 18 months ago, but he got rid of it due to a poor range of apps. I think it was a case of, he got the phone cheap, but hadnt looked into the app support beforehand.

Message 64 of 109

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Strange how I've never heard anyone, ever moan about "lack of apps" on a windows PC or laptop ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 65 of 109

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Strange how I've never heard anyone, ever moan about "lack of apps" on a windows PC or laptop ?

Very true. Perfect as it is.....Though obviously if you wish to download an Android emulator onto any windows pc you get more apps than you can use in a lifetime...Hero

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 66 of 109

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Even without an emulator.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 67 of 109

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Even without an emulator.

Probably Rich ...but when I feel I have broken the 'enigma code' I fell the need to mention it....

However, no complaint about windows pc's for me

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 68 of 109

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

I've heard a similar thing from certain friends. More about how apps do not always mirrors counterparts from other OS's. This could be argued for them all though slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 69 of 109

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

....well, I'm back from sunny Majorca - holiday was awesome!!!! Dance

Nice to see this thread still going, even it has now scewed off topic slighlty.....?!

Are we taking this thread as the official place to post iPhone 7 plans then?!

I generally always get my new iPhone (my contracts naturally expire when the main iPhones are released, i.e. the 4, the 5, the 6 and now the 7 - I never bother with the in between phones i.e. the 4S ,5S, 6S, etc). 

So come this September, my 2 year iPhone 6 contract will naturally expire (roundabout the 11th) but I'm now in 2 minds on what to do (assuming I stay with O2, that is):

1. Take out a brand new contract with O2. No doubt, iPhone 7 will come with, again, a 2 year contract. My Current iPhone 6 contract has 2 parts to it. £25 for the line rental and £28 for the phone itself, which works out at £672 paid out for the price of the phone, over the period of the past 24 months. Lets assume that the 7 will be roundabout the same price.

or,

2. Keep my existing contract rolling onwards, so obviously will only be paying the line rental part of my contract every month, and then just buy the iPhone 7 directly from Apple? The thing is, is that, won't the 7 be roughly around £600 anyway from Apple?  How much saving is there really, in buying directly from Apple as opposed to starting a new 2 year contract?!

Spaced

Message 70 of 109