cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6- PreOrder

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a quick question regarding the iPhone 6. Will customers due an upgrade for their phone be given priority over pre-orders of the iphone 6?

Message 1 of 4,605
4,604 REPLIES 4,604

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Benlfc

Not sure really, it's being replaced by O2 so it's not an issue just got wait, whether I could do it in an Apple Store I don't know but equally don't wany to go all the way there for them to say yes it's faulty ring O2 to replace it, and in respect to a repair I wouldn't accept that anyway, phone was brand new don't want to risk it going back being ripped apart and potential damage to it and for the principle of it that it should be replaced with a new unit
Message 2401 of 4,605

Huntress
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 242 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Anonymous 

I would ring your local Apple store or make an appointment at the genius bar. They can run a diagnostic on the device and give you an indication what the problem is.  They might even replace it.  I got my IP5 on contract from O2 2 years ago.  A few weeks ago the battery failed and the screen lifted due to the battery expanding inside. I took it to my Apple store and they replaced my phone out of warranty.  Due to the nature of the fault, a known one to Apple, there was no charge.  Your new IP6 is still in warranty so I'm sure they could help.

Ring them, you have nothing to lose.

Life is just a game, the rules of which are only explained to us when the game is over.

MacBook Pro
iMac
iPhone X 256gb
iPad 64gb
Message 2402 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable
Out of interest, how many people on here ordered on the 12th? My order was roughly 3:20 that afternoon (couldn't really get on the site before then). I'm still sitting on "in progress" and I've had no contact from O2 since, apart from updating me about my Fire Phone order, haha!
Message 2403 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable

i ordered on 12th mate about 9pm after crap with live chat system.

And im still waiting on " in progress"

Iphone 6 Plus Silver 64gb

Message 2404 of 4,605

Huntress
  • 242 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Anonymous 

IP6+ 128 Gold

I pre-ordered on the 12th at lunchtime, completed my transaction at 3:30 - MyO2 still showing 'In Progress'. No contact from O2 other 4 identical e-mails telling me my order is being processed and will be dispatched shortly..

Life is just a game, the rules of which are only explained to us when the game is over.

MacBook Pro
iMac
iPhone X 256gb
iPad 64gb
Message 2405 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable
I should say my order is the 64GB 6+ in Space Grey, (I'd much rather refer to it as black...).

I've had no emails at all. Just a text when I completed it.

Did anybody who used this thread actually receive theirs? I mean how many preorders did they fulfil?
Message 2406 of 4,605

Huntress
  • 242 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Anonymous 

As you have probably seen/read there are numerous posts in this thread about people not receiving their phones despite pre-ordering on the 12th.  It would seem that the demand for the IP6+ was wholly underestimated and very few received them.  Most of us are still waiting to hear when they are likely to be dispatched.  You may want to give O2 CS a call to check your order.

MacBook Pro
iMac
iPhone X 256gb
iPad 64gb
Message 2407 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have done that. I've been told the same things as everybody else really. Haven't posted for the last ten pages, I'm just keeping up to date with what people are saying.
Message 2408 of 4,605

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

Initially (just before the launch) a lot of us understood that priority was to be given to the 6 with the 6+ availability limited.

As we have found throughout this thread...a lot of things changed. Some satisfied customers and lot not so happy. Pretty much the same on other Forums as well...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2409 of 4,605

Benlfc
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 289 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
@Anonymous I would do what @Huntress has recommended I would not be doing it through O2, Apple will not tell you to take it back to O2 they will do it there and then and even if you have to wait for a new unit it will be much quicker than through O2, I'm suprised O2 haven't directed you to Apple anyway, you will get more better service as well how far away is your local store? Make a Genius Bar appointment here https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/
Message 2410 of 4,605