cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S data usage

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey, I recently got a iPhone 4S with 1gb data on O2. With using the myo2 app I appear to have used 50mb of data within a few hours. I have not watched any videos, just used Facebook and twitter etc. This can't be right surely?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Best tip is to download a data counter for your iPhone.  It will tell you how much data you're using.  If it matches with myo2 then you know its genuine!

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, I have just downloaded onovo and will see how that goes. I know an iPhone would use slightly more data but for what I am using, I can't believe it is going that quickly.
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

You'd be surprised.  Good luck with it and let us know how you get on.

Message 4 of 7

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Have you checked your data settings?

Eg how often is push enabled and are you allowing all apps to connect to the Internet?

Turn off location services will stop apps from uploading your location which costs data. Only allow it for your maps or Facebook if you want too.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey, I recently got a iPhone 4S with 1gb data on O2. With using the myo2 app I appear to have used 50mb of data within a few hours. I have not watched any videos, just used Facebook and twitter etc. This can't be right surely?

On your iPhone go into Settings/General/About, scroll to the bottom and you will see Diagnostic & Usage, touch this and on the next screen choose DON'T SEND. What this does is it stops diagnostic data been sent to Apple which can use your data. I've seen this mentioned a few times.

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a current problem with ios6 Apple are investigating the issue just turn off iCloud and your data will drop to a normal level 

Message 7 of 7