cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iCloud

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I go to www.icloud.com on a windows or mac computer and sign in I get a screen that offers 7 options. One of these is iWork and if I open that I can see and open documents that have been stored in iCloud. BUT When I go to www.icloud.com on my iphone I get a screen that offers "Set up icloud on this device"  and if I go to that it takes me to an Apple page that tells me how to do it for various devices such as Windows computers, Apple Computers, iPhones and iPads. I cannot seem to get past that page on my iphone and therteby be able to view any of the documents stored in iCloud. Can anyone suggest how to overcome this problem?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

No you can only access icloud docs on an ios device via the app not browser after reading this requirement page http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4759

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apple dont allow access to iCloud through safari on the iPhone or ipad, you can try another browser see if it works. 

Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply but if waht you say is true, how do do explain the Apple web pages that say that it is possible and give instructions on how to do it?

Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can set it up but then you can't see what's stored in there through safari, I bought a ipad a few weeks a go and it gives same 3 options on ipad, I have to log into iCloud on pc  to view things 

Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Penny123 but I still am stuck with the fact that so much of Apple's publicity says it is possible I am not yet ready to give up. When I get a chance I will make an appointment at my nearest Apple Store and see what they have to say. Apple goes out of their way to be customer friendly and I find it difficult to believe that they would be guilty of misleading advertising without causing an uproar. 

Message 5 of 13

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

The douument you up load from a pc etc to icloud will be available in the apps that support it from what I understand. (But I could be wrong)

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, Adamtemp64, but I think you have misunderstood my problem. If you go back to my original post on this thread, when I upload a document to iCloud, I am able to open my iCloud account on both PC and iMac, and from there I am able to display and read my document, but I have not found a way to do this on my iPhone 4s. Apple claim that I should be able to do this by opening www.icloud.com and logging on to my account, but the iPhone behaves differently to a PC or iMac when I open this page, instead of offering the seven application folders that work fine on both windows PC and iMac OS10, all that I can get is a page that offers the instructions on how to set up various devices to work with iCloud. I cannot get beyond this to get the options offered by both PC and iMac computers.

Message 7 of 13

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

No you can only access icloud docs on an ios device via the app not browser after reading this requirement page http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4759

Apple Watch series 4

Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again, adamtemp6, at long last I understand my problem.  I have gone to the Ap Store, and purchased the Pages for iPhone, which is now busy downloading, and which I expect will allow me to view the documents I have stored in iCloud on my iPhone.

I think it bizarre that Apple ask iPhone users for another seven quid to use this feature on a fairly expensive phone having already paid for it when buying their iMac but what do I know?

The download has just completed, and I have been able to open and view documents that I have placed on iCloud. Whoopeeee!

Message 9 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147001 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I think it bizarre that Apple ask iPhone users for another seven quid to use this feature on a fairly expensive phone having already paid for it when buying their iMac but what do I know?

Welcome to Apple world wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 10 of 13