Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM switching

Gally02
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just upgraded to an eSim Pay monthly with O2 and my UK number. I also have a US eSim and I thought/hoped that both would be active at the same time.  But when I swich one on the other switches off.  Is this how thwy are supposed to work.  I wanted to received calls and texts on both numbers.

The US eSim also has a VOIP app with the US number on the phone that works fine  but I cannou understand the Apple/O2 data plan switching.  Can someone please explain.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Gally02 

There is an (old) guide here, see if it helps https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/iPhone-XS-XS-Max-XR-Dual-Sim-Guide/ba-p/1175893

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @Gally02 were you able to solve your query?

Message 3 of 4

Gally02
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

apple had a good article here: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT209044

O2 Customer service staff could not help and I gave up talking to them.  Apple customer services were much better and had all the answers. But as a third party eSim supplier is also involved It seems its up to the customer to join all the bits together. I gave up with O2 help as they really only know about physical sims, and unlocking phones, both not applicable in my use case with two suppliers and two phone numbers on one phone reliant upon eSim switching

Message 4 of 4