Did you mean: 

'You Missed a Call From Me' messages from O2

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

This is seriously starting to get on my nerves...!!!!  Smiley Mad

Every week (And I do mean EVERY week..!), at least once a week, I get these stupid 'You Missed a Call From Me' free texts from O2.

You Missed a Call From Me

WHY....?!?!?!?!?  My phone sits in front of my eyes on my desk, where I work, it does not ring, I have no diverts on and have full bars of service and yet I get this message to say 'You missed a call from me'...!??!!?  How can I miss a call when the phone didn't even ring in the first place...?!

Dialling back the number just gets an automated response which says, '.......the number you have dialled is incorrect, please try again'.  This makes NO sense...??Weird

There are no messages in my voicemails to suggest I have 'missed a call' so why am I getting these EVERY WEEK...???

I have tried turning my voicemails off and on to see if it makes a difference but it doesn't. 

Is there any way I can turn these texts off with O2? If I have a missed call, my iPhone 5 will show me (via the Phone app in Notification Center) - I do NOT want to receive a 'free text' telling me as well (seeing that the texts are nearly always wrong)......!!

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Not surehow the block list works with regard to what the caller gets.

I did not think you could have missed call alert and voicemail active at the same time?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 11 of 31

DinoF
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

...I guess I will just have to monitor to see if I get this text again from the same number even though I have indeed blocked it from my phone.

Message 12 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Frustrating I understand.

Fingers crossed your not bothered again. slight_smile
Message 13 of 31

DinoF
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Well, it seems that I am STILL getting these frustrating messages from O2.....Bang

You Missed a call From Me.jpg

This time, when I call the number back (0207 366 2500) it is a genuine number and it was Virgim Media sales, however that is now not the point.  The point is that my iPhone 5 did NOT ring, there is NO missed call from the iPhone default Phone app and calling my Voicemail, there is NO missed call or message so WHY - O2 - do you continue to send these texts to me when my phone DOES NOT RING...????Crazy

I have tried all the help suggested in this thread - turning voicemails off and back on and resettting it but O2 are still sending me these free texts...... Yes they are free but I never signed up to them and I want them to stop because they obviously DO NOT WORK PROPERLY..............

I feel like I am going around in circles here......Confused

Message 14 of 31

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143454 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can turn off call alerts if you dial your vm number and follow the prompts.
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/All-you-need-to-know-about-O2-Voicemail-901/td-...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 31

DinoF
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
You can turn off call alerts if you dial your vm number and follow the prompts.
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/All-you-need-to-know-about-O2-Voicemail-901/td-...

Sorry but that just does not work...........

I called the 1710 (which in that link you posted, says it turns 'O2 Caller Alert on and off) an a message said that 'My Caller Alert has now been switched on'..  This obviously implies that my Caller Alert was switched off which if this was the case, then WHY did I get that Caller Alert text message from O2 last night..???Crazy

Callig the number again (1710) and it just keeps saying, 'Your Caller Alert has been swtiched ON'  - seems that you CANNOT turn it off.......

Can O2 please, somehow diasable this on my account...???!! I do not want it....!!!!

Message 16 of 31

MI5
  • 143454 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Are you using an iPhone?
"Some" iPhones need you to add 02 to the end of the shortcodes, ie 171002
If not calls CS to reset your VM account at their end as there is nothing else you can do from the handset.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 31

DinoF
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Are you using an iPhone?
"Some" iPhones need you to add 02 to the end of the shortcodes, ie 171002
If not calls CS to reset your VM account at their end as there is nothing else you can do from the handset.

...yes - I am indeed using an iPhone 5.

I think the only thing I can do is call CS because punching in all these short codes and dialing 1710 and 901 and 1750 and all the others is simply just not working for me - its not making any difference to these Caller Alert texts - they are still coming in. 

I would have thought that this service should only be provided if someone requests it - it shouldn't automatically be put on my account just because it is free...????

Message 18 of 31

MI5
  • 143454 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Usually, you have the option of Voicemail being On or Call Alerts but not both (User selectable) - Something seems to be screwy with your VM account though.........

Currently using:
Message 19 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
There seems to be some confusion here between "Missed call alert" which is an alternative to voicemail and "Abandoned call alert" which can be switched on even when voicemail is switched on. Google "O2 Abandoned call alert" to find out more.
Message 20 of 31