cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong size sim

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I've upgraded my contract to a new pay monthly sim. The new sim is a nano when I need a micro. I've put the old one back in and it now has no service and because the new one is too small I cannot put that in my phone. What can I do as I need to use text and calls?
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any O2 shop can sort you out with the correct sized sim and perform the swapmysim procedure which moves your tariff and number.

Or they can give you a free SIM card adapter to make the nano sim a micro sized one or you can order them for a small cost off ebay

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any O2 shop can sort you out with the correct sized sim and perform the swapmysim procedure which moves your tariff and number.

Or they can give you a free SIM card adapter to make the nano sim a micro sized one or you can order them for a small cost off ebay
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Best to get it changed instore. Make sure you get the right type as P&G and monthly are different as to the settings they contain.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Get hold of a sim adapter from an O2 store - Some have said O2 only supply nano sims now.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
The help notes say they only provide a nano sim but also supply sim adapters with it too.

"Using your Pay Monthly sim

The pack you will receive contains a nano sim as well as a sim adaptor pack. If your device needs either a standard or a micro sim, you'll need to use the correct adaptor before you can insert it."
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
According to the website you can still order a combi sim though, so yet more disconnects and confusion.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6