cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice calls

Anonymous
Not applicable
Since updating to the latest iOS I'm having trouble connecting voice calls on my iPhone 5s. Has anyone git any solutions. Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
The general advice is to reset the phone (hold home button + Power button until Apple logo appears).
Try that first.
Also, it could just be a coincidental network issue so check your postcode here too http://status.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
The general advice is to reset the phone (hold home button + Power button until Apple logo appears).
Try that first.
Also, it could just be a coincidental network issue so check your postcode here too http://status.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I know I am a tad green on the technical side of things....but surely this latest update is causing major problems?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 14

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Honestly (hate to say it, but), 3 phones and 2 iPads here and no problems on any of them.....

Currently using:
Message 4 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Honestly (hate to say it, but), 3 phones and 2 iPads here and no problems on any of them.....

Yeah well I would expect no less from you.:smileytongue:....but look at all the posts we have had on here? Could it be an O2 compatibility problem with the update? Oh 'ark at me....Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 14

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
The only o2 problem could be the carrier update which although late, now seems to have been pushed out.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 14

PiedPiper
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 98 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

MI5 - good news about the carrier update but how do we get that update? Is it seamless and just pushed to us, or do we have to get it somehow? Also I followed previous advice to change 'idata' to 'mobile' in the mobile data settings, so do I now change it back?

BTW, iPhone 6 on O2 Simplicity

Thanks

Message 7 of 14

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
If you're not seeing the carrier update pop up on your phone you could try plugging into iTunes as this usually finds it for you.
Once updated you should change your settings back to iData.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone.  Turning the phone off and on seems to have worked.  I should have known.  

Message 9 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous Thanks for updating. Very often it's the simplest thing that does the trick wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 14