cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video guides for your iPhone (iOS6 and under)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

Our community member Fatboy has made some fantastic iOS video guides. Because they're so helpful, I've collected them all in this thread. Please feel free to use this thread for suggesting topics or adding your own videos. I'll regularly update this post with the latest from the community.

Using your iPhone as a Personal wifi Hotspot aka Tethering

More info

Enabling smilies / Emoji keyboard

More info

How to turn off the subject field in messages

More info

How to "Forget Network" / Wifi connection issues

More info

How to check how much data you've used

More info

Using Apple Maps like a SatNav

More info

Battery tips

More info

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Nice job, your task bar looks a bit busy. slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 11 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

@perksie wrote:

Nice job, your task bar looks a bit busy. slight_smile

Yeah I've got around 40 application shortcuts places on my Dock (Task Bar on Windows slight_smile ). I'll probably remove some of the shortcuts as I get more of an idea as to what I tend to use often and what I use not so often. A lot of people don't like a lot of icons on the Dock, but I like been able to just quickly see the icon and then click on it.

There's other ways to load up the apps such as going into Launch Pad, this basically shows you, well what I would describe as a iPhone type layout of the apps and also folders of similar apps (if you have created folders of similar type apps by dragging an app on top of another, exactly the same procedure as you do on the iPhone to create folders).

You can also press the following keyboard shortcuts, Command space will then bring up a Spotlight bar at the top of the screen, simply type the name of whatever your looking for and it will then appear (before you've even completely finished typing the name) you then just click on the name to run it or open it if its a document.

Or lastly you can simple go into the Applications folder, and then click on the application you are wanting to run.

Its good to be able to have more than one way to run the apps I find, has not everyone likes running apps in the same way.

I think I'll make another video guide showing what I've mentioned above, has I wasn't aware of all the different ways when I first got my Mac, perhaps it will be of help to new users of Mac's who are members on this forum.

Message 12 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Various ways of accessing your applications on your Mac:

Message 13 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to add Applications to the Dock on Mac:

Message 14 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Liquid wrote:
I think an interesting one to do would be a review/how to use the myo2 app. However you'd struggle to remove all your personal data:(

I had a go at doing a video guide on how to use it today, but with the the options sliding in when the various buttons were pressed and with my phone number been in different places on the different screens it was very difficult/impossible to obscure my personal details slight_frown

Message 15 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Photos App on iPhone, Making & Organising Picture Folders:

Message 16 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using the supplied iPhone Earphones as a headset on iMac, Macbook etc:

Message 17 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

After having a talk with Toby. We thought it would be a good idea to put some video guides on for doing certain things on Mac.

Thought it would be useful for members like myself who are new to Mac or who are thinking of moving from Windows to Mac.

I got a lot of help off of various people on various forums before I got my Mac who helped me out immensely with various questions I asked and also with hints and tips and I thought I could pass these on to some of the new Mac members on here slight_smile

A lot of the videos will be showing various keyboard shortcuts, has the various keyboard shortcuts can really make things easier and faster so I thought I would show some of these keybaord shortcuts. I'll make a seperate video for each keyboard shortcut, so as to keep things simple, has the more keyboard shortcuts I put in a video, the harder they are to follow, so I thought keep it simple and have one video for one keyboard shortcut slight_smile

I will be doing other Mac videos too.

The Mac video guides will be getting put in this thread.

Message 18 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Cheat Sheet to show available keyboard shortcuts available in the currently been used application.

Message 19 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to quickly delete an item by using a keyboard shortcut.

Message 20 of 45