cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use iPad sim in mifi dongle?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I have an O2 PAYG sim. It is the one for iPad, which can be topped up £2.04 per day for data usage.

I would like to use it in my mifi dongle as I only use it occasionally and don't want to be paying a monthly charge.

Is this possible? If yes, how do I top it up?

Cheers
Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I assume since you obtained the SIM for use with the iPad that it is a PAYG data SIM in which case you should be fine using it with a MifFi though to be safe you may want to restrict to one device at a time.

I have previousy used the SIM from an O2 E169 dongle in an unlocked MiFi. You may want to top up before transferring to the MiFi and once connected you goto https://mobilebroadbandaccess.o2.co.uk/services/login to topup further. If using with a laptop you may want to install O2 connection manager to list the free wifi in O2 hotspots too.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I assume since you obtained the SIM for use with the iPad that it is a PAYG data SIM in which case you should be fine using it with a MifFi though to be safe you may want to restrict to one device at a time.

I have previousy used the SIM from an O2 E169 dongle in an unlocked MiFi. You may want to top up before transferring to the MiFi and once connected you goto https://mobilebroadbandaccess.o2.co.uk/services/login to topup further. If using with a laptop you may want to install O2 connection manager to list the free wifi in O2 hotspots too.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 2 of 2