Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade fee wrong

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi all
Who can answer this as 02 can't seem to lol
My free upgrade is on 5th November
Bill date is 14th month payment date is 28th so I have 1 payment left 14/28 October!!!
So I go online and my upgrade fee is £73.12 mmm that seems a lot I feel as it includes a supposedly 25% discount???
So I ask the question what will it cost me to pay off my contract today .. When I call 02 it's £78 online chat it's £74
So 02 wheres any logic in any of that ???
Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

Thx for all your replies

Well i finally had a word with a very helpfull lady @ 02

with all the details given to her as mentioned here i continued to ask the question if bill date is 14th payment 28th why is the upgrade free on 5th got to be relevant....

So on hold for a few minutes and bingo the 5th was my start date as i had explained to everyone else lol...

Guess what the date is today ???? guess what has happened ????

Ps iphone 6 on its way lol

your payment dates are irelevant to upgrades ...its the date 02 has on record to your contract starting ......

guessing mine is the 5th again lol

Thx again for your input ....

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Not sure....
How much is your monthly tariff?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
I pay about £48 month and payed that amount a few days ago 28th September so in theory I have 1 payment left then it's free upgrade I'm seriously unhappy with the (we cannot do anything attitude I get.....)
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
How can I pay out my contract for £78 but I'm told I'm getting a great deal with a 25% discount @£73.12 today ??? O2 can't do maths lol
Message 4 of 15

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It makes no sense to me either mate but only CS can give you an answer. 202 are better than live chat.
Have you got any extra charges on your bill this month at all?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Online chat said £74 to pay it off lol
They all pass may pilar to post all saying I have to pay the £73.12
Totally up to date with payments etc.
Also they contradict each other one says upgrade fee calculated to invoice date 14th others say payment date 28th however the £73.12 has been there since way before the 14th and a payment is showing on the 28th yet upgrade fee stays the same ...and apparently no one can go backwards on the upgrade fees quoted to show this
Message 6 of 15

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Doesn't sound like the last bill payment has updated yet....

Currently using:
Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep if I go onto my 02 it shows payment received etc
And my bank shows it paid
Totaly annoying
Message 8 of 15

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

Really weird 😞

Let us know if you figure it out.....

Currently using:
Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Although o2 have received the payment sometimes it takes a while for their systems to fully update. Give it another couple of days I'd say.
Message 10 of 15