Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking IPhone

Nelly4
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Have asked O2 to unlock iPhone. They now say put in another network sim and connect to iTunes to complete. Do I have to do this to complete the unlocking process? I want to sell the phone not use it myself
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143454 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No, no need to do it yourself.
The iPhone is unlocked by its IMEI number on Apple's servers, so it can be completed at anytime, by anyone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
  • 143454 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No, no need to do it yourself.
The iPhone is unlocked by its IMEI number on Apple's servers, so it can be completed at anytime, by anyone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Since the o2 updates there is absolutely no need to connect to iTunes and these generic instructions are from the dark ages. Time O2 moved with the times! Simply insert a a different network sim at any time as the phone is now unlocked.

Message 3 of 3