cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRADING STANDARDS SHOULD NOW BE INVOLVED

Anonymous
Not applicable

lets say 100,000 have paid deposits for the iphone,,,but still have to wait 2/3/4 weeks still,,

WONDER HOW MUCH INTRTEST O2 HAVE MADE ON ALL THOSE DEPOSITS?????

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do 02 take money from your credit or debit card accounts before despatch ?

I ask because when you order from Apple they only charge on despatch.

What do you think trading standards will be able to do regarding the worldwide shortage of the iphone 5.

02 and the other networks will only be allowed so much of the allotment of available stock.

To highlight the issue today is the 14th time I've put in a reservation request via apple online system from the Meadowhall Store. One customer mentioned on a thread that an apple employee of that store said that they typically have around 10 iphone 5's for reservation with hundreds of reservation requests being made.

Apple have insisted with foxconns management that the quality controls be raised to a higher barr to stop scuffed handsets, including other cosmetic issues being despatched out which resulted in a short strike and less iphones being released.

Much of the current stock are for contracts so spare a thought for us pay as you go and sim free customers who are patiently waiting in the wings.

I really do appreciate your frustration as i'm frustrated at waiting too to even the hight of being tempted to buying one from CEX for £625 ! 16gb black/slate model.

Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

MY ISSUE IS,,WHY TAKE YA CASH IF THEY DONT HAVE THE PRODUCT,,,,YOU DONT PAY FOR A TV AN WAIT 3/4 WEEKS DO YOU...

MAYBE IF THEY DIDNT TAKE THE CASH,,THEY WOULDNT BE AS MUCH STRESS ON THIS FORUM...

AND IT MUST BE SAID,,,,THEY WILL BE MAKING INTREST ON MINE AN YOURS HARD EARNED CASH WONT THEY,,,,UNLESS THEY KEEPING IT UNDER THE BED

Message 3 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Tip: Use capitals for EFFECT not to shout as it makes you look like a right clunge wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I AM SHOUTING
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

When i ordered mine o2 never took the money until 2 days before i received it not sure how its worked for everyone else. slight_smile

Message 6 of 13

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Stop shouting! Simple. Please it hurts my eyes.

Trading standards won't touch this. They may sort out the fact of a three week timescale.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a silly post - yes im annoyed with the delay but thinking about its not o2 fault as it is apple supplying 

Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Very well said sparkles if o2 dont have the stock the is nothing the can do apple call all the shots with the stock.

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

so why dont o2 say they dont know rather than fill people full of hope,would of been better dont you think?

Message 10 of 13