cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 won't switch on

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I upgraded yesterday from iPhone 4 to iPhone 5. I did the sim switch last night and today my old iPhone 4 turned off but my new iPhone 5 is still off. I phoned O2 shop who advised me to keep switching my iPhone 5 on and off every 30 mins to see if it picks up signal etc but it is still not working. Any suggestions? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I switched mine on wednesday and it took around 5 mins, Its normal to take up to 24 hours its a case of just switching phone on and off every hout til it works. Enjoy your iphone5 slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you mean the  new sim card as not activated yet ? It can take up to 24 hours keep rebooting the iphone5 every hour slight_smile

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

thanks for that I will keep doing it, does it really take 24 hrs? I switched sims around 8pm last night. My iPhone 4 switched off around 9 this morning but nothing yet on iPhone 5 

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I switched mine on wednesday and it took around 5 mins, Its normal to take up to 24 hours its a case of just switching phone on and off every hout til it works. Enjoy your iphone5 slight_smile

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I can't wait to try it! 

Message 5 of 5