cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim not workin?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Basically I lost my iPhone 5 and told O2 to send me a STANDARD replacement sim with the same number I received the sim but its a standard and micro sim build in one and when I put sim in it don't work
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Basically I lost my iPhone 5 and told O2 to send me a STANDARD replacement sim with the same number I received the sim but its a standard and micro sim build in one and when I put sim in it don't work

Neither the standard or micro sim will fit in the iPhone 5. The iPhone 5 uses the nano sim card which is smaller than the standard, micro sim cards.

If you are able to fit the sim card into the iPhone 5, then the sim card will be the correct type (nano sim).

The reason it won't be working is the sim card will need to be setup for your phone number, for want of a better word activated.

There used to be instructions in with the nano sims that basically told you how to activate/sim swap from one sim card to another. If there are no instructions in with the sim card of if you don't want to do this, then you could do one of the below.

You can either go into an O2 Store and explain to them what's happened, and from there, they will transfer your phone number/activate the new sim card.

Or if you've got use of an O2 mobile, you can dial 202 (free) and explain to customer services about what has happened, and they will be able to do the same thing re transferring your phone number/activating the new sim card.

The number transfer from memory takes a few hours but might take up to 24 hours maximum.

Hope this helps, post back with how you get on slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Plz someone help
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Neither the standard or micro sim will fit in the iPhone 5. The iPhone 5 uses the nano sim card which is smaller than the standard, micro sim cards.

If you are able to fit the sim card into the iPhone 5, then the sim card will be the correct type (nano sim).

The reason it won't be working is the sim card will need to be setup for your phone number, for want of a better word activated.

There used to be instructions in with the nano sims that basically told you how to activate/sim swap from one sim card to another. If there are no instructions in with the sim card of if you don't want to do this, then you could do one of the below.

You can either go into an O2 Store and explain to them what's happened, and from there, they will transfer your phone number/activate the new sim card.

Or if you've got use of an O2 mobile, you can dial 202 (free) and explain to customer services about what has happened, and they will be able to do the same thing re transferring your phone number/activating the new sim card.

The number transfer from memory takes a few hours but might take up to 24 hours maximum.

Hope this helps, post back with how you get on slight_smile

Message 3 of 3