cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIRI - How do I get it to retrieve my voicemail messages?

Anonymous
Not applicable
What command do I use to tell it to retrieve my voicemail? Ive tried setting up a contact called "Voice Mail" with the number 901 but it doesn't work. I even changed the contact name to "Retrieve Mobile" but nope.... surely Siri should be able to do this? I need it when on hands free. Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
That is why 901 will not work you are on an iphone contract and voice mails are stored on the handset.

Dialling 901 does and always has worked on iPhones. I just tried it again now. Its just that SIRI cant dial short numbers like 901, 999 etc.
Message 11 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
What command do I use to tell it to retrieve my voicemail? Ive tried setting up a contact called "Voice Mail" with the number 901 but it doesn't work. I even changed the contact name to "Retrieve Mobile" but nope.... surely Siri should be able to do this? I need it when on hands free. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Save 901 as a contact and then voice dial that...
Message 12 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Save 901 as a contact and then voice dial that...

Tried that - read above ..... SIRI can not dial short numbers. Can't even dial 999 in an emergency!!
Message 13 of 23

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
Ok this may help
Dial 1780 from your handset, you will here a recording and a sms will be sent to your phone of you very own voice mail number that is associated with your mobile number. (Its how 901 works) The number you are sent is how you retreive your voice mail from abroad in some countries that done have the 901 quick dial service.

The number is a like a norm mobile number and can be stored and dialed via siri
How do i know, I use it lol
You however cant call label it as Voice mail. So on mine i call it My VM Number. Works perfect
Please bare in mind though if you have a pin, you still have to manual enter this.
Hope this works for you all and get creative in what you lable voice mail up in your contacts lol
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 14 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey Darrengf - Thanks for that - I think you have almost cracked it!!
I have sent the text and now set up a contact with the number and it does actually get me to my voice messages.... However, I have got a 4 digit PIN which needs entering before the messages will play back which is difficult when driving.
I managed to select * 4 4 2 2 when listening to messages and get to the Security menu. This did allow me to turn OFF the PIN - however when phoning from anywhere other than your handset, it ALWAYS asks for the PIN. That's the problem - if using the long number to retreive messages, it assumes you are accessing them from another phone and not from your mobile - hence it always asks for the PIN ..... AAARGH!!!! very annoying - SIRI should be able to dial 901 and that would solve it. Hope the tech guys read this.
Message 15 of 23

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions
Can you not add a pause, then PIN number to the number you are using to access, so it does it all automatically?
Message 16 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you not add a pause, then PIN number to the number you are using to access, so it does it all automatically?

That sounds interesting.... but how do you add a pause etc in the main number within my contacts?
Message 17 of 23

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
Hey Darrengf - Thanks for that - I think you have almost cracked it!!
I have sent the text and now set up a contact with the number and it does actually get me to my voice messages.... However, I have got a 4 digit PIN which needs entering before the messages will play back which is difficult when driving.
I managed to select * 4 4 2 2 when listening to messages and get to the Security menu. This did allow me to turn OFF the PIN - however when phoning from anywhere other than your handset, it ALWAYS asks for the PIN. That's the problem - if using the long number to retreive messages, it assumes you are accessing them from another phone and not from your mobile - hence it always asks for the PIN ..... AAARGH!!!! very annoying - SIRI should be able to dial 901 and that would solve it. Hope the tech guys read this.

Yep the pin number is the stimbling block im affraid.
Lets hope apple when they release ios 5.1 that they do introduce new features like the people on the web are advsing, Although i cant remeber voice mail being in there.
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 18 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
how do you add a pause etc in the main number within my contacts?

To enter a pause in phone number edit you contacts, click in the phone number field, then click the +*# button on the bottom left, then click the pause button.
Message 19 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
how do you add a pause etc in the main number within my contacts?

To enter a pause in phone number edit you contacts, click in the phone number field, then click the +*# button on the bottom left, then click the pause button.

grin grin
Whoop Whooop!!! Waheeeey !!!!!
Well Done and MANY thanks to all that contributed.
IT WORKS !!!!
Cheers Guys ....
Message 20 of 23