Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return a device?

Koda
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I bought an iPhone X 'Like New' on the website. Its arrived today and its anything but, with scratches all over and even worse, the middle of the Touchscreen is unresponsive. 

I've got straight on the phone and have been sent round and round, saying I'll get transferred, then end up getting transferred back to the exact same department, or that I need to call a different number but then they give me the number I have called them on already. 

After 2 hours of trying I'm still no further forward. I got put through to a manager in the end, who promised to sort it out but they said they couldn't get through to the right department for returns. I've got mental health issues and am not very good on the phone at the best of times, but now I really can't take any more of this. 

I'm not willing to take the risk swapping it for another out of fear of the same happening again and having to suffer this customer service experience a second time so just want to get a refund and stick with my current provider. 

Does anyone here know how I can return an online order for a refund without calling up please? I'll do anything else. I'm happy to go in store, mail it somewhere at my expense, even drive half way across the country to wherever the returns centre is. Literally anything that will save me from calling that number again. 

Hopefully someone here knows what magic it takes to arrange a return for a refund. 

Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Koda I will tag our community managers and see if they can assist you.

@Martin-O2@Marjo@LukasB any help here?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 12

Awsssw
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am in the same situation. Received the payg iPhone X like new today and it's in a really bad condition. What are the next steps to get a refund?

Message 3 of 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122815 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Awsssw 

You need to contact O2. All numbers in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-returns-policy 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 12

Awsssw
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the response however I have just spent 20 minutes on a live chat only to be told that because it was purchased as a payg phone they can't return it. I was given this number to call 0344 8090222. However when I call it it says all contact centres are closed without saying any opening times. 

What do I do now? I am really wishing I didn't buy this phone now 😞

Message 5 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122815 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Awsssw 

I wouldn't believe a word live chat says in relation to this issue. Of course you can return it if it's in poor condition.

Give O2 a call All numbers in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:

If you call 202, when it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.

Press 2 for Everything Else

Press 5 for More Options

Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 12

Koda
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @Bambino 
Hopefully they can point me in the right direction to get this sorted without spending any more time on the phone. I'll keep checking back for a response.

@Awsssw - They are working only between 8 and 4 apparently. I called that same number and got passed around a lot, but if you try calling them again in the morning if you can manage it, hopefully you eventually get through to someone who speaks sense and can help you out. I imagine if you manage to arrange a return through their standard procedure you'll probably get sorted faster than me looking for alternatives methods.

I've bought one of these 'like new' devices for a family member a while back and it arrrived brand new still with the plastic wrap around it. Simply no box. I thought maybe I just got sent thise as a one-off in error. But it's concerning to see someone else posting to say that theirs looks to be in poor condition too. Hopefully the one they received at least has a fully working screen!

Message 7 of 12

Koda
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I tried one last time on the phone yesterday, they said they couldn't get through to the returns team and promised a 24 hour callback. Somewhat unsurprisingly this never happened. 

As before, I'll keep checking back for a reply in the hope that o2 Staff pick up this thread, and if all else fails I'll try raising a complaint which I can thankfully do in writing rather than over the phone. 

Message 8 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122815 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Koda 

The returns dept is only open Monday - Friday and certainly isn't fully staffed as yet.

I would call again tomorrow. thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 12

Koda
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I tried again. The agent still couldn't get through but said they would take my details and email it off to the right department to sort out for me. They said I would get a returns bag, but I just got an email now telling me I have 7 days from today to pack and send it off myself.

I'm happy enough to do that, but I haven't actually got any sort of returns barcode that is mentioned on the returns form (it appears I have only been sent one page of a multiple page return document) - And I wasn't even asked what the reason for the return is or anything like that. I assumed they would have been expecting a reason to check out once it got back to them.

Now I have the address for their return centre, if I just write down the returns reference number and a reason for my return and post it off, will that be enough to get it back to o2 and process my refund? Or do I need to tear my hair out and call them again to either get a returns bag or at least the entire returns form that I can print out which includes the barcode that I may or may not need? 

Thanks

Message 10 of 12