cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture Messages

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Are 02 obliged to inform me if my bill is massive for 4 months running. I have everything on direct debit and very rarely check payments...my Tarr if is 12-99 and my bills have been over £120 each month for the last 4 months...I feel ripped off big time..

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

There is a help thread here on avoiding MMS messages and it is your responsibility, not O2's, to manage your account correctly.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Accidental-MMS-Sending-and-How-to-Avoid-it...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

There is a help thread here on avoiding MMS messages and it is your responsibility, not O2's, to manage your account correctly.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Accidental-MMS-Sending-and-How-to-Avoid-it...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

No O2 have no responsibility to inform you. For all they know you may be extremely happy about sending MMS and get charged appropriately for doing so. Lets face it... this has been a major topic of discussion for years.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's not just MMS messages either.
I wouldn't expect o2 to contact me to say I'd been making phone calls or using data as it's my choice to do so.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Tbh if I needed to exceed my tariff and O2 stated interfering/contacting me uninvited, I'd be quite annoyed.

There's too much these days of no personal responsibility, and I don't mean that harshly, but you are the one who's using your phone. It's very easy to keep track using the MyO2 app.

If you want a tariff that's capped then O2 aren't the company for you. Iirc Tesco mobile offer tariff capping, but are an mvno.

Message 5 of 5