cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone shutting down sporadically

Anonymous
Not applicable

My Iphone 5S keeps crashing randomly with no warning. 

It will be shut down for days at a time and is very sporadic. This has been happening for about 3 months, no water damage or dropping. 

Apple tried to fix yesterday but issue has started again. 

When I try to restart the phone, the screen is completely blank and no icon or messages will be shown. 

I have an Apple Genuis bar diagnosis and I would like to my explore rights as an O2 customer. My phone was purchased in June 2016. 

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Apple only provide a 12 month warranty so you are looking at paying for an out of warranty repair in afraid. Unless it can be fixed with a simple firmware update ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Apple only provide a 12 month warranty so you are looking at paying for an out of warranty repair in afraid. Unless it can be fixed with a simple firmware update ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 repairs don’t have the best reputation & would likely charge an extortionate fee
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

o2 will refer you to apple as once a apple handset has past 28 days fom purchase it falls into Apple, you need to go back to apple and tell them the phone is still shutting down etc and its no longer fit for purpose, they may decide to exchange it or may well try to fix it again!  

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous O2 have a duty of care for 2 years per the agreement of contract to repair devices. Apple have 12 months yes but it is still o2’s obligations to repair if the op wants them too

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

when i had an issue with mine just two months in they told me that i had to go via Apple as they wouldnt do anything @Anonymous 

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well maybe it was something their engineers couldn’t fix but what I said previously has always stood as far as I know

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

im not disputing that @Anonymous all i can do is go on my past experiance 

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
As this phone in question on this thread is over 12 months old it is out of warranty.
Free repair is at Apple's discretion.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9