cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone repair

Anonymous
Not applicable
I sent my phone to get the volume looked at! My phone had never ever been near any water whatsoever but the repair shop told me that my charging point had been somehow water damaged. I had to pay almost £45 for this to be repaired due to Water Damage. The plastic cover for the charging port snapped when I tried to put it in a mobile wallet case. I only had the phone for a few months. The only way it could have got wet is when the postman delivered it to the repair shop if it was p......g down with rain!? Very disappointed as I am disabled and only on pension. I explained this to O2 but no joy. I was talked into changing from Orange pay as you go for years to a monthly O2 account. Always new where I was then. I hardly use my phone because it is not loud enough for me compared to others I have had. Due to this I do not think I will be renewing any contract until they treat customers with a genuine complaint seriously. Sorry but just the way I feel. Frank Kennedy. (Disappointed)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Yet another customer ripped off by Anovo. Time after time the reason is water damage. We always say go direct to the manufacturers for repair rather than risk playing Russian Roulette with this bunch of cowboys.

Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Not sure how much longer O2 can justify carrying on using this company!!   Its as if Anova have a script for repairs ......

1) Water damage 2) Water damage 3) Water damage Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
If you search this forum and Google you will see many hundreds of reports of this type of fraud.
It's time that someone affected contacted Watchdog.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not again. Did you take photos etc before you sent it off for the repair?

Send it bavk to the manufacturer
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It's fraud pure and simple. Water damage, user damage, misuse etc

I agree £45 is a lot of money to a pensioner but these heartless bustards don't give a damn when it comes to company profits, commissions and Christmas parties.

Message 6 of 6