cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal hotspot option visible, not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have spent quite a lot of time with O2 gurus on chat trying different things to fix this. But when I tap the Personal Hotspot button I get a pop up redirecting me to a FAQ page on MyO2.

O2 Gururs told tethering is activated on my account, and it should work. So far it didn't.

Can Someone offer help in this regard.

Thanks,

Apratim 

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it may be the tariff that is not provisioned for hotspot, the tariffs since march 2012

have it included but previous to that it had to be added as a bolt on, call cs and ask then to add it or to change your tariff to current one to include hotspot. Hope this sorts it out for you.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
For starters I'd update your phone software mate. I'm not 100% that will fix it but its a good start.

I should check are you on pay monthly?

Welcome to the forums:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Should be on 6.0.1 now isn't it?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I updated to iOS 6.0.1, still getting the same pop up.

I am on pay monthly and my 24 months contract started in March 2011.

Any help will be much appreciated.
Message 4 of 6

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Ok so this pop up appears when you turn on the hotspot in the iPhone settings? Or when you try and connect to the hotspot using another device?

What are you trying to use on the hotspot connection?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it may be the tariff that is not provisioned for hotspot, the tariffs since march 2012

have it included but previous to that it had to be added as a bolt on, call cs and ask then to add it or to change your tariff to current one to include hotspot. Hope this sorts it out for you.

Message 6 of 6