cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 update text for iPhone 7 /7 plus

Anonymous
Not applicable

Morning all so for many of us this is the day we've been told to expect a txt with an update so I thought I'd start a post to see what ppl have been told I've not recused my text yet so here's hoping 

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Toby,

I've not received a text message, nor any further emails.

Also, 25% Extra Data as compensation, I've chosen a tariff with 50GB a month, so don't need anymore.

My Biggest Issue, I was told my pre-order would be delivered last Friday, and if I didn't chase o2 for information, I wouldn't of been told anything why my phone is delayed etc.

My biggest issue with o2 is that a lot of people who ordered after me (I ordered at 8:07am) have received their phones... which means your "first come" system is invalid.

Also, I paid off my remaining few weeks of my contract, so I could upgrade. So that was pretty pointless.

It's all the lies, misleading customers and lack of communication.

Is that really worth £107 a month for? not forgetting the other 3 contracts I have.

Message 31 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been on the phone to customer serivces this morning for quite a long time, I was speaking to a lovely lady who I can not fault in the slightest as they are probably getting an appauling time at the minute being on the front line and not being able to answer peoples questions however I asked for her honesty and she give me this. 

She told me that anyone who has not recieved a text message yet or an email should wait until the "in progress" marker changes on My 02. She said if you havent recieved correspondance this means that your phone has not been put in the que to be dispatched and they are working through them in they way they were ordered. So this means anyone that has not recieved a text/email are not yet on the list for the stock they currently have and they will work through this when stock arrives. 

I appreciated her honesty and after all she has been one of the best advisors I have spoken to, she did not beat around the bush and try and make excuses like the live chat agents do and was very apologetic which to be honest is all she can be. 

She said keep an eye out and as soon as stock comes in this may mean you might move places in line.

Message 32 of 40

gjdemon6646
  • 191 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Just been told mines with uk mail for delivery tomorrow.

O2 still says in progress on my account. More lies i think

Message 33 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

One day we will know the truth...

Message 34 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

A quote from your thread about delays in iPhone 7 availability.....

"As you may know by now, there's been a market-wide delay in receiving iPhone stock this year.

We realise the disappointment and annoyance this has caused for the customers who have not received their phone on launch day.

We are working with Apple and are doing everything we can to improve the situation.

We have been in touch with our customers affected and will keep them updated when more stock arrives."

The last paragraph is just not true, I have not had a single piece of pro-active communication from O2 since placing my order onthe 9th. And furthermore I have been misinformed and told a different story every time I have been in contact with you.

Message 35 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

IN response to the 'I've been told mine is with UK mail' posts - I got told this on Monday. Not true. Just a fob off by a chat agent who wanted to get rid of me, awful service.

Message 36 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Toby,

Sorry to jump on the bandwagon, but I'm a little dismayed at how conflicting the advice has been since I preordered the phone. I've placed an order for two Matte Black iphone 7 plus's, and cant even see my orders when logging into the account. I, like many others, have had to resort to visting a store (the sales representative at Warrington said he cant look into my order as it wasn't placed in the store ) or the online chat. The first online chat representative told me i would definately get my phone on 20th (or at least, she had no reason to suggest I wouldnt), then I've just spoken o someone today (called Sal) who said (and I qoute) "You're in the Top 10 order list" and "You're our number one priority"...

I only asked for an update, but if this is the ridiculous sales patter your online chat team are using it's clear to see why customers can have very little confidence in using it as a credible means of communication. I mean, I'd like to think I was one of your top ten most important customers, but would be very suprised if that wasn't reserved for a customer with slightly more than two handsets!! I've also never received a text or email confirming the status of my orders and can't view the orders online. It would be great just to have a little clarity on when to expect the phone rather than:

1) A lazy in-store salesman with a "it's not on my commission list" attitude,

2) A lying customer chat representative who thinks I'm O2's biggest customer, or

3) A communcations company who are unable to manage it's outgoing communications (maybe O2 dont get the same unlimited text deals as one of their top ten customers; may i suggest WhatsApp?).

Perhaps an online trackable forum is the only way of getting a proper response from someone willing to deal with an irate customer? Either way, looking forward to your reply Toby!

Cheers,

Tom

Message 37 of 40

gjdemon6646
  • 191 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Ive recieved a tracking number from O2 and uk have confirmed the phone is with them and scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

Any else had this?

Message 38 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
@gjdemon6646

I received that text at about half 4. Thank God, I ordered late but I knew not to pick a 7+ or I would have been waiting till 2020.
Message 39 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
@gjdemon6646 is that a plus & which one if so? It seems to be the normal 7's that are dispatching so I'll be surprised if it's a plus
Message 40 of 40