cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 text saying "Welcome to France" when I'm at home near Windsor UK!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I got the usual data roaming information text last night saying welcome to France, however I was asleep in bed near Windsor in Berkshire in the UK. I'm worried someone has somehow cloned my phone? I've checked on the internet and can't find any info. Anyone had this?

Text "Welcome to FRANCE. You're on O2 Travel, so keep your phone on and get all the data, minutes and texts you need for just £1.99 a day. You'll only be charged for the days you use it.
Prices include VAT. Your daily charge applies from midnight to midnight based on the local time of the capital city in your chosen destination. For more info about O2 Travel, to see the standard roaming rates or opt out of the service call freephone 2266 or visit www.o2.co.uk/travel, Usage terms apply. Call 112 for emergency services. To stop texts call 2220."
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Check in My O2 to see if you have been charged for anything related to O2 travel  http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143419 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
An error of the system I imagine but by all means call customer service to check if all is well with your account http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous how are you doing? Did you find out from customer services in the end if everything was ok with your account?

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi no nothing so I'm still slightly concerned about it.
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143419 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Any charges on your account?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Check in My O2 to see if you have been charged for anything related to O2 travel  http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK so nothing on my bill as at 14th april so guess its just a very strange glitch in the system!!!!x

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143419 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Thought so....

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8