cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 network problems

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been having O2 network problems since Friday 21st.  Initially I spoke to an O2 rep on chat who got me to take my sim card out of my iPhone 4 clean it etc.  This did not work so he informed me that he thought it was a Sim issue and that I needed to get a new sim card from O2 which I promptly did.  This did not work.  When we put the SIM card in another unlocked iphone4s it seemed to work.  We then did a total reset on my iPhone 4 and it seemed to work temporarily then stopped.  The inital person I spoke to had said that it could be a SIM issue or a phone issue so when the new SIM did not work I promptly contacted Apple having read many forums about no service issues and got a replacement on my warranty.  In the meantime I tried to put my sim card in my old Samsung Wave it didn't really work.  Occasionally I got texts through 2 hours late and I could ring out but people could not contact me.  I spoke to another O2 rep on chat who went through all the motions and then informed me that I would need to take both my old and new SIMS to O2 store.  Today (when I was planning to go to the O2 store) my replacement phone arrived from Apple so I tried the SIM.  We went out as we had planned to today and texts seemed to be sending and coming through even some which I had missed over Christmas.  But when I have returned home although I usually have service and my phone is showing I have service I am unable to send or recieve texts.  I have tried the following solutions.

Turning off 3G

Airplane mode

Full reset

Resetting network settings

Erasing iPhone and starting again

Checking message outbox number

Removing sim card

(Numerous times on all phones)

I have come to the conclusion that this is not an iPhone issue and that it is a network issue but according to O2 there is no issue.  Today I spoke to someone (who was obviously keen to get off the phone with it been new years eve) who said that I would need to speak to the technical team on Wednesday.  He suggested that I try to find out where my phone stops working and see if anyone else has had problems.  Is anyone else having problems.  I have found a couple of people (facebook friends) who experienced problems in my town on Saturday.

Any ideas would be appreciated.  I am sick of this and as I am a pay monthly customer it makes me angry that I am paying for an unusable service and I keep having to ring them to sort it out. 

I had read lots of iPhone forums moaning about the iPhone but personally I couldn't fault them replacing my phone and I can't imagine that all 3 phones I have tried are all to blame (especially with me using a Samsung).

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have exactly the same problems as you describe and have gone through all the remedies. From talking to others on O2 it isn't just an iphone problem, all handsets seem to be affected. According to the O2 site there are no known network problems ! You have done better than me as I have never managed to speak to anyone on O2 only a guru who wasn't over helpful. Our local O2 store has closed so will have to resort to writing a letter - far from ideal 😞
Message 31 of 35

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I have exactly the same problems as you describe and have gone through all the remedies. From talking to others on O2 it isn't just an iphone problem, all handsets seem to be affected. According to the O2 site there are no known network problems ! You have done better than me as I have never managed to speak to anyone on O2 only a guru who wasn't over helpful. Our local O2 store has closed so will have to resort to writing a letter - far from ideal 😞

That's funny, in November you said you had moved to Vodafone, not that it will make any difference as before long they will be sharing masts, so the signal will be the same from both.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 32 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
I did - I have a Vodafone P&G which I use for non work related calls. I was persuaded by O2 guru to stay with them as they felt my handset was a problem & they are bringing out TuGo soon which they reckon should solve problems
Message 33 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

In addition to my post an hour or so ago, I have just web-chatted to a Guru. Very keen to help. He advised calling the "Concerned Team" on 0844 809 0202 to ask to buy a "Boost Box". 

I followed his advise .... However, after being shunted from operative too operative (5 in total)  I was advised that these boxes don't exit!

I, too, have a Vodaphone phone just to remain contactable. A pain having to juggle between two phones. But, I really want to hang onto O2 to utilise a great text package I have which no other Company can match (4 off the UK bundle per text from overseas).

This plan to get Voda and O2 to utilise eachother's masts etc.. Any timescale?

Best wishes.

Message 34 of 35

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Boost Boxes are not on sale to domestic customers, I think a few have gone out to some business customers but we have no reason to think they will ever go on sale to the public.

The mast sharing is being done now, no timescale for when it will be finished though, I would guess the end of the year with luck.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 35 of 35