cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 insurance do they sent phone to Apple

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Does anyone know if O2 insurance send the phone to Apple for repair ,my daughter got a replacement screen from her O2 insurance as she dropped it but she has just gone a cracked the screen again but doesn't now have insurance I'm just wondering if Apple will touch .?
Thanks
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144780 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
That is what they charge for a replacement out of warranty iPhone 6.

"How much does iPhone screen repair cost?
Repair and replacement costs depend on your iPhone model and your AppleCare product coverage.

When you request screen repair online or by phone, Apple will place an authorization on your credit card to cover the iPhone out-of-warranty cost. We’ll charge this amount if your iPhone has additional damage and is eligible for out-of-warranty service. If your iPhone has no damage other than the screen, we’ll charge the amount below. Learn more.

iPhone 6: £86.44
iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5: £106.44
Fees are in British pounds sterling and include VAT and a £7.44 shipping fee. Pricing applies only to screen repair by Apple. Accidental damage isn’t covered under the Apple One Year Limited Warranty.
Apple will run a diagnostic test to determine whether your iPhone has experienced additional damage. If it has, or if it needs other repairs, you may need to pay an out-of-warranty service fee."

If there is more damage, they will charge extra.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Think I will just have to call Apple tomorrow thanks is for your help
Message 12 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 123203 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi it's a iPhone 6 .why do they advertise online that you can get a cracked screen repaired for £86.44 on the Apple Store ?

Considering it's an iPhone 6 that isn't a bad price for a screen replacement. Though it will require the 50 mile trip.....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 21

MI5
  • 144780 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
It's a post in service.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Or you can book it in the a geru in store and they will repair slight_smile
Message 15 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to let everyone know Apple fixed the screen and it was only £78 so much cheaper then O2 insurance who after first claim want £120 plus your £6 a month go Apple people don't bother with insurance
Message 16 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 123203 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Just to let everyone know Apple fixed the screen and it was only £78 so much cheaper then O2 insurance who after first claim want £120 plus your £6 a month go Apple people don't bother with insurance

Good call  @Anonymous We did hear last week that Apple were offering some damn good deals on screen repairs

You did well .....PS Now go and put it in a case...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's also getting a glass screen protector put on it as I've been told this might help should it happen again worth a try
Message 18 of 21

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Good service and you know the jobs done properly. As for insurance, it's the type of thing you only wish you had if the phone is damaged or stolen. Personal choice and I have never used insurance except when I bought my first tablet through PC World and I cancelled the insurance (£4/month) when I came to Thailand. ..cracked the screen on the second day here, sods law. Cost me £90 when I returned after 3 months!

Message 19 of 21

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
It's also getting a glass screen protector put on it as I've been told this might help should it happen again worth a try

Makes sense and get a case!!

Message 20 of 21