cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No wifi on iPhone 4S after ISO 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Since I installed the ISO 7 update ISO 7.0.2 I lost my wifi, spoke to apple and had to do a reset through iTunes that got my wifi working again. Then ISO 7.0.3 stopped my wifi again tried all the resets again but still no wifi. Spoke to apple again and was told it was a hard ware problem and nothing to do with the updates.

After all this i thought I was going to be stuck with a faulty phone.

Final I found a post that with these steps

Turn airplane mode on
Turn do not disturb on
Turn phone off
Leave for about five mins
Turn on
Turn airplane mode off
Turn do not disturb off
And now my wifi works
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for sharing.

Sometimes performing a reset through your iPhone can help.

Settings &General & Reset & Reset Network Settings
But obviously not in your case. 😞

Or going into your settings and 'forgetting the network' can help too.

Glad you got sorted.

slight_smile
Message 2 of 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93333 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Happy you resolved the problem, hate it when something doesn't work that's supposed to!:smileyhappy:

Message 3 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
We'll that was short lived, wifi gone again and now 3G gone can't get onto the internet at all now.

Worse thing O2 won't help unless I pay to have the phone fixed, over 10 years with them means nothing and I still 6 months left on this contract.
Message 4 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Make an appointment with an Apple Genius Bar. If it's under warranty they will sort it for you.

http://concierge.apple.com/reservation/gb/en/techsupport/

If it's not under warranty you could take an out of warranty replacement.

iPhone Model Out-of-Warranty Service
iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c,
iPhone 5 £ 216.44
iPhone 4s £ 166.44
iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS,
iPhone 3G £ 126.44

http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=servicefaq&geo=United_Kingdom&product=iphone
Message 5 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks but I know this, but my point is since it's O2 I bought the phone of, they should be a little more helpful. I understand that the phone only has a one year warranty but O2's contracts are 2 years and there should at least let me out of my contact if I send the phone back. At least then I would be free to start fresh, after all it's a faulty phone that they sold me.
Message 6 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Sorry I was just trying to help.

If apple are confirming to you it's a hardware fault then get it swapped out at your local apple store by making the appointment I suggested.

What you say has been touched upon in the forum recently.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/What-is-support-on-a-24-month-contract/m-p/53221...

Apparently it's not the manufacturer but the retailer in Uk Consumer law applies a warranty.

O2 won't cancel a contract on this basis.

You could challenge them via a complaint but Im not sure where this would get you.

I'll add the link anyway.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref%28user%29:str%28Rel...
Message 7 of 25

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/Iphone-WIFI-button-greyed-out-O2-will-not... and here chalenge o2 on the sale of goods act rerfering to the links I posted there

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 8 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
What we see occasionally is people with these issues.

We quote Uk Law.

What we DONT see is if anyone has been successful in challenging companies using these links and info.

It would be nice for once to see an update saying the OP was successful.

😞
Message 9 of 25

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

I can Tell you that Ive had a simular issue with a Friends iPhone 4S with the Wifi.

We walked into Apple who confirmed that yes it is a Fault with the Wifi chip on the phone. but the phone is 14 Months old and wouldnt be covered by them.

So as per the Apples own website, it says for the 2nd year under consumer law, I can take it back to the retailer, in this case o2 and they will cover this.

OMG, First o2 shop was rude, couldnt be bothered and said were getting sick of Apple sending people over to us, Its not covered and you will have to pay if you want it repairing.

I quoted what Apple website says and what the law is, I was told Apple website is wrong and im not covered and not bothered about the Law. o2 will not cover for a 2nd year.

So I went back to Apple, who said that o2 have a right to repair the phone under this law and that If i had got the iPhone from Apple, they would replace it.

Back to o2 but a different Shop this time. Same answers, although they were more polite. I was even shown a email sent to the shop from O2, Email advising that they will not offer a 2nd year warranty as they have checked the ruiling out and Trading Standards says that they dont have to. They can offer to repair it as the consumer request at a charge. They can then try to recoup the money.

You can imaging my anger and frustration. Apple will replace the phone if bought from them, but are not interested if not, o2 just not interested at all and rude about it.

Im still waiting a email regarding this from the shop as I told them that they need this looking into, this was over a Month ago and nothing.

I can now tell you that my friend sold the iPhone and bought a Sony Experia.

All I can say is email the CEO of o2, and email Apple together. Also email trading Standards as o2 are saying its them now who says they dont have to get it repaired for free.

Good luck, but i can tell you it has left me with a bitter taste

I can also tell you that this issue with the iPhone 4S, is widely known on the internet

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5112134

and there are more discussions than that. However some people have had there phones replaced free (Possible louder you shout the more they listen). My friend just wanted to get rid of hers in the end so I couldnt do anything else other than what ive done, but thought I would share my experience as well

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 10 of 25