cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No wifi on iPhone 4S after ISO 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Since I installed the ISO 7 update ISO 7.0.2 I lost my wifi, spoke to apple and had to do a reset through iTunes that got my wifi working again. Then ISO 7.0.3 stopped my wifi again tried all the resets again but still no wifi. Spoke to apple again and was told it was a hard ware problem and nothing to do with the updates.

After all this i thought I was going to be stuck with a faulty phone.

Final I found a post that with these steps

Turn airplane mode on
Turn do not disturb on
Turn phone off
Leave for about five mins
Turn on
Turn airplane mode off
Turn do not disturb off
And now my wifi works
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys, Below is some info on this from the team:

"The EU Directive that sometimes gets referred to is to provide for a window of two years from delivery of a product, during which a customer may claim that the product was defective at the time of delivery. The problem has to be reported within two months of discovering it if they want to be covered under this Directive. This is often misinterpreted as a two-year warranty period, which is not the case.  

UK Law: In reality, this Directive is no substitute for what the UK already has in the form of the Sale of Goods Act 1979. EU Directives are not UK law. The government implemented part of the Directive into UK law via the 2002 Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations, which do not provide customers with a two year minimum guarantee.  
Instead, the UK chose to simply reiterate that: (a) the provisions of the Sale of Goods Act remain unchanged and will apply; and (b) consumers have 6 years to make a claim in law – ie. to sue the seller.  

O2’s practice: O2 is within its right to use our Repair & Returns policy and the Sale of Goods Act as a definitive guideline. Under this act, consumers in the UK have the statutory right to expect products which are of “satisfactory quality and fit for purpose”. Customers can request a repair or replacement bearing in mind the price paid and the expected lifetime of the product. In some cases, this may be longer than two years and could be anything up to six. 

Trading Standards approve of our process."

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 21 of 25

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

O2’s practice: O2 is within its right to use our Repair & Returns policy and the Sale of Goods Act as a definitive guideline. Under this act, consumers in the UK have the statutory right to expect products which are of “satisfactory quality and fit for purpose”. Customers can request a repair or replacement bearing in mind the price paid and the expected lifetime of the product. In some cases, this may be longer than two years and could be anything up to six. 

Trading Standards approve of our process."

Thanks for posting that Toby, it should help to clear up many of the mistaken claims that we are seeing.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 22 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Toby.
Message 23 of 25

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Toby so why are o2 stating that an iphone cannot be repaired / replaced and suggesting it must be, a paid for out of warranty replacement after 12 months hence these threads.

I already knew the official stance re SOGA as had issuem myself a few years ago (sony ericsson)

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 24 of 25

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hey Adam,

I'll see what i can find out about that.

@perksie; By all means direct others to the info should you deem it useful.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 25 of 25