cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal

Anonymous
Not applicable
No signal whilst at work emergency contact for grandchildren and 90 yr old father been complaining for months nothing done would not let me terminate contract gave me a small amount off 1 bill my granddaughter was sick no contact had to stay there for hours disgusting
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous I realise you must be upset but the only way you can get out of a contract is by paying it off in full. https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

As @MI5 said the phone from Carphone Warehouse is unlocked anyway...so just follow his advice re the EE sim...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
And my husband has 02 phone on contract with car phone warehouse that he isn't using so wanted to get EE Payg sim for work so asked to unlock refused said not o2 phone even though on o2
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not solved at all
Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
You marked it solved so you need to unmark it too.
Carphone warehouse phones aren't locked so just get an EE sim and put it in the phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous I realise you must be upset but the only way you can get out of a contract is by paying it off in full. https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

As @MI5 said the phone from Carphone Warehouse is unlocked anyway...so just follow his advice re the EE sim...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
You can't be let out of a contract just because you don't get a signal in one place.
It is your responsibility to check the signal is adequate for your needs either by using a PAYG sim or by cancelling within the first 14 days.
If you are on refresh you can just pay off the phone so you own it and get a sim only deal from another network that provides a signal to meet your needs, but check first as indoor coverage in some buildings is impossible.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

If you have wifi at work then use TU as emergency but to be fair, most companies will allow urgent family calls.

Message 7 of 9

JonathanKew
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have been 28 days no signal at SN3 2NH
O2 first said must be my phone I had it 4 months I brought for £350 at o2 store. I was told I won't have replacement or refund since I used phone. My mp agrees that's not right as you must use it to see if it works. After informing them I brought it at O2 they informed me they was upgrading and it will be resolved at 6pn 5 days time. I have had 3 mezseges now each including current messeges it's be solved by today 6pm celebration was ended by text messages its voi g to be another week hopefully another week. Intolerable. I have current complaint with trading standards and my Mp. Each say they will investigate. I have, wrote to 02 ceo asking his views. If any of you are in SN3 2NH area please get in touch meanwhile instead of reminding to top again how about compensating me the £15 top up I paid and are unable to use network because of what you term ' basic pay and go' you say transfer to monthly direct debit will get me a signal. Council and mp disagree method of payment gets signal it sou ds like a sales push to force us into contract
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

If you are pay and go, why not transfer to a network that gives you signal?

Message 9 of 9