cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New handset

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a sim only deal with O2 and have bought a new iPhone 6 plus handset. Is it the case I can simply transfer the sim to the new handset
Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes although you may need a new sim card depending on the size of your existing sim.....just pop into an O2 shop if you do.

If your old handset wasn't an iPhone, call O2 customer services so that they can make sure you are on an iPhone variant tariff so that features such as visual voicemail will work.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes although you may need a new sim card depending on the size of your existing sim.....just pop into an O2 shop if you do.

If your old handset wasn't an iPhone, call O2 customer services so that they can make sure you are on an iPhone variant tariff so that features such as visual voicemail will work.

Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks yes the old phone is an iPhone 4s so hopefully it will just swap over
Message 3 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

You should be able to check if you have an iphone bolt on in My O2. As said, if you haven't have customer service change it for you or possibly try webchat.

Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

The iPhones 4S has a different size sim card to the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus so you will need to pop into an O2 shop.

Back up your iPhone 4S using iTunes so that you can restore all your contacts etc when your iPhone 6 is up and running

Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
As a side note it may be worth creating a back up via iTunes and or iCloud so you can install your settings and data on the iPhone 6.
Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a iPhone 4 but just got an iPhone 6. Can anyone tell me if I can swap my iPhone 4 sim direct into my iPhone 6 or do I need to put the new one in that came with the iPhone 6?
Message 7 of 15

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a iPhone 4 but just got an iPhone 6. Can anyone tell me if I can swap my iPhone 4 sim direct into my iPhone 6 or do I need to put the new one in that came with the iPhone 6?

Put the new sim in the iP6 and then do a sim swap http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

It can take up to 24 hours to activate the new sim and it will switch off your old one.

Reboot the new phone/sim every 3o mins or so to help the activation process go quicker.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 15

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

You will need to use the new sim. It's easy and straightforward to do the sim swap process and you will get the text on the old sim to enter onto the website. Once the old sim loses connection the sim swap process has begun, then just follow the advice of @MI5 slight_smile

Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
How can I then transfer all my info on my old phone 4 to my new iPhone 6?
Message 10 of 15